Horse Racing - the good, the bad and the ugly

bielesibub

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I had him last time if you remember and just got beat at the finish. Always liked the horse and they seem to have him spot on with the encouraging quote of him taking to the national fences well being a plus .

I do indeed mate.

He's a solid selection today.

On 26/11/2023 at 12:42, AvfcRigo82 said:

Jockey Gavin Sheehan given 14 day ban and Trainer Lucy Wadham fined 3 bags of sand - for schooling a horse during a race. The horse has also be banned from racing until 1st Jan.

Both will now miss the Cheltenham Christmas meeting during their ban, which is an event where they normally do quite well.

Lucy Wadham and Gavin Sheehan bans both upheld.

• 1 month later...

In all the years i've been watching racing I have never ever seen anything like what i've just witnessed in the last race at Mussleburgh.

Getagin, is winning the race and is going to win and unexplainably falls just as he is getting to the finish line.

He just collapse's in a heap. It's remarkable. It really was something else.

Sadly when he tried to get up he seemed to struggle to make it to his legs. I really hope all is well for the connections.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

It's been a while, any tips for Cheltenham?

There's a bucket load of free bets going round, William Hill has a £5 free bet each day. I've put it on Slade Steel in the 1330. As a real outside I've also splashed out a free £1 on Lord Du Mesnil @ 33/1 in the 'there are so many horses anything could happen race'

ITV7 has 100k to win tomorrow. 200k Wednesday, 300k Thursday, 500k Friday, all you've got to do is pick the winners from the 7 races,

Coral have got Racing Super Series where you can win a share of 50k. This is for picking horses that will place, It's on tomorrow, not sure ifs they are doing a daily thing or not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

It's been a while, any tips for Cheltenham?

There's a bucket load of free bets going round, William Hill has a £5 free bet each day. I've put it on Slade Steel in the 1330. As a real outside I've also splashed out a free £1 on Lord Du Mesnil @ 33/1 in the 'there are so many horses anything could happen race'

ITV7 has 100k to win tomorrow. 200k Wednesday, 300k Thursday, 500k Friday, all you've got to do is pick the winners from the 7 races,

Coral have got Racing Super Series where you can win a share of 50k. This is for picking horses that will place, It's on tomorrow, not sure ifs they are doing a daily thing or not.

good to hear from you mate, we were worried! i only look at stats published by the racing post for each race so gone for the below

1.30 Slade Steel
2.10 Gaelic Warrior
2.50 Chianti Classico
4.10 Marie's Rock
4.50 Eagle Fang
5.30 Kilbeg King

How can I find out which VPNs work with WH? I can get on SkyBet (£5 losing bet returned as cash on first race of the day - they usually do this for a few days then change to a free bet instead of cash back) on PP (also free bet every day) with a basic (Tunnel Bear) but not WH.

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

How can I find out which VPNs work with WH? I can get on SkyBet (£5 losing bet returned as cash on first race of the day - they usually do this for a few days then change to a free bet instead of cash back) on PP (also free bet every day) with a basic (Tunnel Bear) but not WH.

don't know if it will work or not but you could try this https://windscribe.com/

• Thanks 1

Single 13:30 - Slade Steel (Skybet £5 cash back if loses)

Treble Each Way : 13:30 - Mystic Power, 14:10 - Gaelic Warrior & 14:50 - Meetingofthewaters (150/1 £1.50 ew)

Double Each Way : 13:30 - Jeriko Du Reponet & 14:10 - Hunters Yarn (60/1 £5 ew free bet)

Still have a £5 free bet from William Hill to use at some point in the Ultima at 14:50

16 hours ago, tomav84 said:

good to hear from you mate, we were worried! i only look at stats published by the racing post for each race so gone for the below

1.30 Slade Steel
2.10 Gaelic Warrior

2.50 Chianti Classico
4.10 Marie's Rock
4.50 Eagle Fang
5.30 Kilbeg King

oooh, you're good

Â