Horse Racing - the good, the bad and the ugly

bielesibub

Jockey Gavin Sheehan given 14 day ban and Trainer Lucy Wadham fined 3 bags of sand - for schooling a horse during a race. The horse has also be banned from racing until 1st Jan.

Both will now miss the Cheltenham Christmas meeting during their ban, which is an event where they normally do quite well.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

On 11/10/2023 at 21:57, Tomaszk said:

Went to Happy Valley meeting in Hong Kong this evening. Fantastic track, thoroughly recommended for anyone visiting.

International Jockeys’ Championship meeting today. Hollie Doyle, Ryan Moore, Tom Marquand in town.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, a-k said:

International Jockeys’ Championship meeting today. Hollie Doyle, Ryan Moore, Tom Marquand in town.

There was a period around 9-10 years ago I swear Moore won about 75% of races he was in. 

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Welsh National tomorrow chaps.

Are we in for a weekend L-15/Treble this week?

Chepstow, Aintree, Sandown (inspection pending) and Navan junps tomorrow along with W'Hampton & N'Castle AW cards.

i'll have a look at the all weather for tomorrow and will post if there's something i like.

• Like 1

Highland Hunter 2.05 Aintree. Ran a blinder finishing second off a very long lay off last time out. Trainer said he’s come out of that race fine and they tried him over the national fences at Lambourn recently and he loved them. Stays very well and likes the mud .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

from the sounds of things it's very surprising sandown has gone ahead. henderson has pulled out constitution hill and shishkin

He was always going to pull them both imo if the ground was soft purely because soft at Sandown is very testing and he’s got form for pulling horses out of races there when it’s testing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Highland Hunter 2.05 Aintree. Ran a blinder finishing second off a very long lay off last time out. Trainer said he’s come out of that race fine and they tried him over the national fences at Lambourn recently and he loved them. Stays very well and likes the mud .

I was just reading about him. A good 2nd at Kelso last time out after a lengthy absence.

4/5 when the ground has been very testing. 

Stuck a single on him too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I was just reading about him. A good 2nd at Kelso last time out after a lengthy absence.

4/5 when the ground has been very testing. 

Stuck a single on him too.

I had him last time if you remember and just got beat at the finish. Always liked the horse and they seem to have him spot on with the encouraging quote of him taking to the national fences well being a plus .

• Like 1

Â