Sheffield United

MaVilla

couldnt find a Sheff utd thread, if there is one, feel free to merge it.

Anyways.....

Sheffield United turn off undersoil heating at their training ground and restrict the use of grass fertiliser and paint... as the Championship promotion-chasers seek to avoid 12-point deduction and entering administration by Thursday

Daily Mail

• Shocked 2

• 1 month later...

This feels a bit Tony Xia, might be entertaining.

Dozy Mmobuosi takeover questions hang over Sheffield United

The wealth accrued by Mmobuosi has been through his company Tingo in Africa. He states Tingo Mobile was set up in 2001 and he has investments in agri-tech, healthcare and other sectors. Mmobuosi’s profile on the Tingo website refers to revenue “over $500m” annually for the company, making it surprising that he is not better known in his homeland.Fans hoped when the prospective takeover came to light that Mmobuosi would be a breath of fresh air, especially given reports of billionaire status. He has talked in interviews of the plan to buy the club being formulated in a Sheffield pub over a pint of Guinness before soon holding meetings with Prince Abdullah at the Dorchester Hotel in London. Some fans are now concerned after it was revealed Tingo Mobile has had two county court judgments in England against it for unpaid debts – of £7,250 in October 2019 and £257 in March 2022 – and that there was another against Mmobuosi over unpaid debts of £30,109 in April 2021. All have been settled, Mmobuosi says.

There is also the curious case of Tingo Airlines, a company set up in 2019 and registered at an address in Harpenden, Hertfordshire, but which never owned any aircraft or carried out any flights. Images were created of planes with Tingo livery and the business was initial valued at £1bn. Mmobuosi released a statement three weeks ago to say Covid had halted his plans to create an aviation business in Europe and that he was focused on other areas, with Tingo Airlines in the process of being dissolved.

Last week numerous Twitter accounts curiously began backing Mmobuosi and the planned takeover. One user said: “I’m really looking forward to the deal of Dozy Mmobuosi buying the Sheffield United to be finalized. He has very good intentions for the club and the club will definitely take a turn for the best. A win for Nigeria is a win for Africa.” The account in question stated in its bio “DM for promo and ads”. It was the same on other accounts that published messages of support for the deal. Mmobuosi has denied any link to the tweets.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/01/dozy-mmobuosi-takeover-questions-hang-over-sheffield-united

Was a student at sheffield uni in May 2017 when they got promoted to championship and saw the squad on a night out in west street 2017 celebrating. Was chatting with Billy Sharp and the previous owner and his wife, remember telling sharp not to score against villa and he did at the holte end when we played them the next season. Good for the city that they have a prem team again. Carruthers was there from villa at the time

They're absolutely broke, gave a garbage squad and a load of deadwood. Heckingbottom what a job.

Even with the £100m plus payday they're in massive trouble I reckon.

Someday soon it's all going to come to a head in the football league. Clubs being run into the ground.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

They're absolutely broke, gave a garbage squad and a load of deadwood. Heckingbottom what a job.

Even with the £100m plus payday they're in massive trouble I reckon.

Someday soon it's all going to come to a head in the football league. Clubs being run into the ground.

Not only that but the disparity is crazy and the model for both leagues doesn't work

Doing what Fulham, us and now forest have done is the norm, you get promoted with old boys and loan players you need to buy 10+ players, if man City have any sense they let them keep Doyle and mcatee for another year but really like I said in the Everton thread you want to be coming up with those kind of players being your own

They killed it with the EFL TV deal

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

If they become anything other than the league's whipping boys they'll have done well. Been weird not having one of those this season.

Chelsea?

• Haha 1

Heckingbottom is a terrible manager, that alone shows you how poor the championship has become.

Thats why when people say everton wont be back for a long time if they go down they will come back as they have enough in that team to get top two.

Tarkovski would be best cb in that league.

I expect Heckingbottom will be 1st manager sacked next season and they will likely finish bottom 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Heckingbottom is a terrible manager, that alone shows you how poor the championship has become.

Thats why when people say everton wont be back for a long time if they go down they will come back as they have enough in that team to get top two.

Tarkovski would be best cb in that league.

I expect Heckingbottom will be 1st manager sacked next season and they will likely finish bottom 

Did a good job at Barnsley now doing a good job at Sheffield United including cup semi final. He didnt get a chance at Leeds as they hired Bielsa as was available

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Did a good job at Barnsley now doing a good job at Sheffield United including cup semi final. He didnt get a chance at Leeds as they hired Bielsa as was available

Yeah fair points but last time in PL he wasnt good. Might be one of those good low level managers but top level struggles

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah fair points but last time in PL he wasnt good. Might be one of those good low level managers but top level struggles

I think last time he took over they were pretty much already relegated

I dont think they will do much next season either but should be given a chance.

I expect Burnley finish rock bottom and Sheffield United close to them

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think last time he took over they were pretty much already relegated

I dont think they will do much next season either but should be given a chance.

I expect Burnley finish rock bottom and Sheffield United close to them

Its a interesting one as im interested to see how kompany does in PL is he the next up and coming manager or not?

As for heckingbottom. He absolutely deserves his chance like cooper at forest has. I think they are going to struggle bad. Did not realise how poor that sheff utd squad is

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Zatman said:

They are already Saudi owned

Yeah but its another saudi group buying them.

The current owner who is a prince wants rid which is wierd as they are now a PL club so with the saudi money they can really spend big and become like newcastle 

Â