Weekends Football 17/19 February

andykeenan

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

How are Wet Spam getting away with these handballs

I genuinely have no idea what decision will be made on a huge percent of handball decisions these days. Just baffling.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I genuinely have no idea what decision will be made on a huge percent of handball decisions these days. Just baffling.

When you think about the pens we get given against us Digne v. Palace; Cash v. Fulham then compare to what West Ham got away with; Soucek v. Chelsea, Kehrer just then it is absolutely scandalous 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

They made less mistakes when VAR wasn’t actually used in the Premier League.

Yeah. It's not VAR though, the main factor, IMO, is the changes to handball and offside, year after year they add more relentless **** to it.

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah. It's not VAR though, the main factor, IMO, is the changes to handball and offside, year after year they add more relentless **** to it.

But I think some referees don’t want to make the big decisions now because of VAR. They just think that it will bail them out if they have made a massive balls up or it will take the blame if it isn’t used to overturn key decisions.

• Like 1

No matter what any handball rule has ever been and man do they change it often. Having your hand on the floor to touch the ball ( not even using his hand to break his fall or make contact with the pitch) it's just there is handball.

In any single interpretation ever, surely.

Sack another one.

They're absolute taking the piss.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

But I think some referees don’t want to make the big decisions now because of VAR. They just think that it will bail them out if they have made a massive balls up or it will take the blame if it isn’t used to overturn key decisions.

I'm not sure that's true, because they have the comfort blanket of "clear and obvious" meaning "back up your mates unless it's really indefensible". I think they're all just shite.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

No matter what any handball rule has ever been and man do they change it often. 

I might be going a bit "old man shouts at clouds", but I'd just generally roll back the handball and offside rules to how they were in the 90s. Every time they tinker, it becomes a bit more of a farce, IFAB aren't half as clever as they think they are.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Â