Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

5 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

The big thing for me though is Ollie is a lot more than goals and assists, hold up play, dropping deep to pull defenders, the one touch pass and turn from the ball from the centre backs , constant running etc adds so much to our front line. Drop Duran in there and expect him to do all that is asking a lot. 

It’s a great point… a lot to heap on Duran’s young shoulders if we face such a scenario…

I’m just starting to wonder whether Zaniolo could excel in that role… and that he could be the surprise or breakout signing of the season…

I’d rather have Nico up there over Diaby too who is too diminutive for that imo… he’s excellent on the wing too…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

But… you repeat yourself so often and bring negativity over positivity in this thread. You’ve been at it at least since the window opened.

I'm very positive about the current team and Emery and all of the signings so far

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm very positive about the current team and Emery and all of the signings so far

I know… and that’s great… and I respect that a lot.

But you’re hyper negative about transfers and have filled this thread with such remarks over and over again that often come across as aggressive, frustrated and annoyed.

You like to shut people down too, that’s quite unpleasant…

Can we just have a peaceful last few days? It’s nearly over…

Edited by Jas10

7 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Did he tell you this himself?

Atlético Madrid upset by João Felix’s Barcelona comments - AS USA

“I’d love to play for Barça,” said Felix, who has failed to live up to expectations since his club-record move from Benfica in 2019. “Barcelona has always been my first choice and I’d love to join Barça. It was always my dream since I was a kid. If it happens, it will be a dream come true for me.”

Just now, Jas10 said:

I know… and that’s great… and I respect that a lot.

But your hyper negative about transfers and have filled this thread with such remarks over and over again that often come across as aggressive, frustrated and annoyed.

You like to shut people down too, that’s quite unpleasant…

Can we just have a peaceful last few days? It’s nearly over…

I don't make rubbish posts like some after Newcastle game or games in the past like should take money for Kamara,  McGinn etc Cash is rubbish so please don't call me negative because I think Felix is overrated garbage

Ollie Watkins is the only forward we have who can play with his back to goal. The rest are floaters who play more on the half turn. 

Also it’s a speculation thread where people speculate about how other players might fit into our team and squad.

FFS people who want to discuss the merits of the current squad and Don Unai’s tactics can do so in the tactics thread. 

Now how would Messi fit in during a short term loan……?

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

I don't make rubbish posts like some after Newcastle game or games in the past like should take money for Kamara,  McGinn etc Cash is rubbish so please don't call me negative because I think Felix is overrated garbage

It’s nothing do with nor restricted to solely Felix… you give the impression that you don’t want any players signed and when someone discusses a potential target or mentions a player… you usually just shit on it.

Agree with your points on Kamara and McGinn… I was appalled at the criticism of Bouba and suggestions of selling him after that game… so I agree with you there and that there is some rubbish posted on this forum at times…

-

Anyway, I’ve said my piece… no need for me to say anymore… nor for us to carry on…

Whether you take any of it on board is up to you.

Good day sir.

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Ollie Watkins is the only forward we have who can play with his back to goal. The rest are floaters who play more on the half turn. 

Also it’s a speculation thread where people speculate about how other players might fit into our team and squad.

FFS people who want to discuss the merits of the current squad and Don Unai’s tactics can do so in the tactics thread. 

Now how would Messi fit in during a short term loan……?

Urgh…

spacer.png

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yes that’s fine we get the point. Do we really need to be told about that point #78 times ? 🙄

Same goes for people going on about Chiesa. I’m bringing Kepheren Thuram back up then…. 

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Yes that’s fine we get the point. Do we really need to be told about that point #78 times ? 🙄

Same goes for people going on about Chiesa. I’m bringing Kepheren Thuram back up then…. 

spacer.png

Emery made a bad decision last season to keep Archer and not give him the time he gave Duran.

He may have made another bad decision this season to move Archer on and leave us with just Duran as our back up striker, and he is clearly not up to the task.

If we are to sign a striker, we are leaving it very late.  

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

778 times actually…

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

Emery made a bad decision last season to keep Archer and not give him the time he gave Duran.

He may have made another bad decision this season to move Archer on and leave us with just Duran as our back up striker, and he is clearly not up to the task.

If we are to sign a striker, we are leaving it very late.  

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think this back up striker is a bit of an ask. It needs to be someone good enough to play for a top half prem team but also someone who is happy to sit on the bench most of the time. And then this person may also stump the development of Duran. 

• Like 2