Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’d be surprised if Caicedo, Lavia and Olise are the last of their incomings, there will be more.

My worry is that they’re going to be going after a goalkeeper, I don’t believe for one minute that Sanchez is going to be their first choice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

My worry is that they’re going to be going after a goalkeeper, I don’t believe for one minute that Sanchez is going to be their first choice.

Most clubs at risk…our targets could be Martinez, JJ, even Ollie.

5 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

You’re concerned they may come in with a cheeky huge bid for Olsen?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

I understand that Alan Hansen ended up with egg on his face when he said that u cannot win anything with kids. But that was 4 of em.  Chelsea literally buying all the kids  . That Monaco centre half was 25 but the rest are so so young. 

I really dont think you can win anything with ALL  kids can you ? Experience matters surely ? 

Off the top of my head

Jackson 23 , Madueke 21 , Caicedo 21  Enzo 22 , Lavia 19 , Olise 21 Santos 20 Carney 19 then another midifielder 21 , a rightback who is probably 21.  

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Because Chelsea have factored into their business plan, fines from PL and other football authorities.  They are obviously sweeping up as much talent as possible, which at first was offset by the sales they have done but between the massive incoming transfer fees and associated costs and the limitation of any new contracts limited to 5 years for FFP despite contract length, Chelsea know they have gone through FFP limits so are going all in now, get all the talent they can, accelerate their strategy for the club, suffer the fine(s) which don’t seem that big in comparison these days and end up with a gifted, talented squad comparable to any squad in the world.  I’d be surprised if Caicedo, Lavia and Olise are the last of their incomings, there will be more.

It’s frightening, saw an article yesterday they’re planning on changing the rules allowing the long contracts next season. Bit late now. They have 22 players at the club on contracts longer than 5 years 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

It’s frightening, saw an article yesterday they’re planning on changing the rules allowing the long contracts next season. Bit late now. They have 22 players at the club on contracts longer than 5 years 

I think the other clubs may vote for a restatement of prior year accounts though…

41 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Chelsea know they have gone through FFP limits

Have they though? Was watching the Simon Jordan clip yesterday on Talk Sport where he was saying because of sales, amortisation and long contract lengths they're still £65m within. Might catch up with them in a couple of years but at the moment it appears they're fine. (unfortunately)

On 06/07/2023 at 21:27, Daulmakan said:

Yeah, avoid Foyth like the plague, because he is.

Others from Argentina: Retegui at Tigre is a good forward (recently capped for Italy), Nicolás Paz at Real Madrid (offensive midfielder) is the most promising from the under-20 team, Claudio Echeverri (forward from Riber Plate) is a 17 year old making his first appearances now, said to be a key player in the future, and Valentín Barco (18 y.o. left wingback from from Boca) is also promising to be a quality player in the making.

From elsewhere, I'd try to snatch Kudus from Ajax, has massive quality and I believe feels unappreciated by their board of directors (also publicly clashed with their previous coach because he started a clearly inferior player over him).

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1691473067887722496?t=Sec5lhGSx6X8u_n_aFGBQQ&s=09

You guys had the scoop first. =P

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Just seen brighton look to be signing the left back barco from boca juniors, another good young player they are getting 

Who is iur current 19 yr old left back? I know we have KKH as the future prospect for right back,  but feel like there's a gap at left back. This is the kind of Brighton signing we should be all over...

Just now, MrBlack said:

Who is iur current 19 yr old left back? I know we have KKH as the future prospect for right back,  but feel like there's a gap at left back. This is the kind of Brighton signing we should be all over...

Chrisene is the only one I can think of, yeah it’s annoying how brighton keep on doing these deals, would hope we might be interested esp if digne goes 

4 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Chrisene is the only one I can think of, yeah it’s annoying how brighton keep on doing these deals, would hope we might be interested esp if digne goes 

I was slightly tongue in cheek saying that (given everyone always says that about any signing Brighton makes)... but in a position  where both first team options are 30+, it would be a good one for us to target...

I'd forgot Chrisene though so maybe less of a need than I thought l. He is incredibly highly rated

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

why are sky reporting higher numbers than everyone else?

lcimg-87348ca7-d096-40a4-a2d7-00480f674939.jpeg

transfermarket are reporting £75m, not sure what they're trying to achieve

There's a few reports Diaby cost £51.9M so that one may be correct but Pau was only around £32M supposedly 

Edited by villan95

11 minutes ago, smokingzen said:

Have they though? Was watching the Simon Jordan clip yesterday on Talk Sport where he was saying because of sales, amortisation and long contract lengths they're still £65m within. Might catch up with them in a couple of years but at the moment it appears they're fine. (unfortunately)

and he had further discussion on the show today with a finance transfer guy who thinks they are over the line today similar to my thoughts.  Jordan conceded these latest transfers could push them over the line.  They may be ok for the last three years but factor in the current spend and the three year rolling average will likely be over when the next review is done.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Because Chelsea have factored into their business plan, fines from PL and other football authorities.  They are obviously sweeping up as much talent as possible, which at first was offset by the sales they have done but between the massive incoming transfer fees and associated costs and the limitation of any new contracts limited to 5 years for FFP despite contract length, Chelsea know they have gone through FFP limits so are going all in now, get all the talent they can, accelerate their strategy for the club, suffer the fine(s) which don’t seem that big in comparison these days and end up with a gifted, talented squad comparable to any squad in the world.  I’d be surprised if Caicedo, Lavia and Olise are the last of their incomings, there will be more.

It’s funny… it’s like everyone (including those in authority) has forgotten that they were banned from signing players for a season too… when Frank was there 😂 repeat offenders… paltry 10m fine recently too…

• Like 1