Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

This is what Emery does though. He signs players that are perhaps seen as underwhelming to the average fan. They might not be superstars, but they fit his system.

It’s fine, I’ll get behind it if it’s what Unai wants. Would like to think we’re all free to have differing opinions on players and not just expected to endorse or be delighted by everything…

Does anyone have a list of left-footed centre backs around Europe, potentially available on a season long loan, to cover Mings? (Sorry if this is covered above, as I am busy watching CFC v LFC & writing a list of Chelsea players in & out post-Abramovich. On the 2nd notepad.)

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s fine, I’ll get behind it if it’s what Unai wants. Would like to think we’re all free to have differing opinions on players and not just expected to endorse or be delighted by everything…

You can have what ever opinion you want, but this is an Emery signing through and through. And it’s what we signed up for. We’ve made three big name signings already. So, don’t see the issue with a ‘water carrier’ type signing like Harrison. 

Just now, duke313 said:

You can have what ever opinion you want, but this is an Emery signing through and through. And it’s what we signed up for. We’ve made three big name signings already. So, don’t see the issue with a ‘water carrier’ type signing like Harrison. 

Ok 

I’d have preferred different/better but that’s just me…

Maybe this was “forced on us” in a sense.

Maybe we make more/better moves, having to manage a budget…

I don’t know, I’m just not overjoyed or excited about it. But I’ll always support Unai…

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

Harrison has never been good enough IMHO. Prof Emery might drag talent out of him, though.

He's averaged more than 12 goals+assists per season in the 3 years he's been in the prem. How is that not good enough cover a player whose best is 10? 

Really complex and weird one this…

Conflicting reports as to where he’s going…

And he’s apparently injured for 5/6 weeks too… in that case, what’s the bloody point? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Jas10

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Ok 

I’d have preferred different/better but that’s just me…

Maybe this was “forced on us” in a sense.

Maybe we make more/better moves, having to manage a budget…

I don’t know, I’m just not overjoyed or excited about it. But I’ll always support Unai…

Not every signing will be exciting. I’m sure the Villarreal fans weren’t that excited when they signed Spurs and Watford reject Etienne Capoue. This is just what Emery does, we’ll just have to get behind it.

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's averaged more than 12 goals+assists per season in the 3 years he's been in the prem. How is that not good enough cover a player whose best is 10? 

Is that because he never tracks back, as Leeds concede more goals than the many that they score?

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Not every signing will be exciting. I’m sure the Villarreal fans weren’t that excited when they signed Spurs and Watford reject Etienne Capoue. This is just what Emery does, we’ll just have to get behind it.

Sure, I will… just having an opinion beforehand as meaningless as that is…

Might not even be happening now either…

Also, Unai was working if we different “parameters” or limitations at clubs like Villarreal… worth taking into account…

Same goes for Monchi and he expressly stated this in a recent interview… they have greater “capacity” here… but can’t go crazy…

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

Nico Jackson looks like a perfect forward for our system.  Would of thought Emery would have made a strong push for him.

He did. But he didn’t want to come.

Edit: scrap that I’m thinking of Nico Williams. Apologies NV

Edited by GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS