Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

37 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I don't get why the YT vlogger's and pundits are saying Arsenal have had an A+ fantastic window!? Spunking £170m on Rice and Havertiz when there's better players for less money seems to me to be Boehly Chelsea level of throwing money about.

Not sure about this. They've overpaid, no question, but if they can get a tune out of Havertz I think they'll do well. I think they are stronger than they were.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

What do we reckon? 14 is a LOT

Who will be passing most to Diaby? Luiz? Meatball? They'll be knocking on the door. The more I see of Diaby, the more convinced I am that he'll score shedloads for us. I reckon he'll have 2 hat-tricks this season. Hopefully against Wolves, haha.

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not really seen him, so can't comment.  There is no guarantee he will adjust to PL from Bundesliga, so a bit of a risk IMO.  

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I have never seen him, but I know a couple of Pool fans, and they seem to think he is the missing piece. Not sure how representative they are of the fanbase as a whole.

Just checking out his stats, goals and assists over previous seasons, very impressive for such a young player and he’s only 22!

But, looking at Diaby’s (better), I’m even more excited about him…

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

What do we reckon? 14 is a LOT

Is this the season that Laursen scored quite a few headers from Young set pieces ?

We do have lots of creatively spread throughout our team now especially with Diaby and Tielemans added  so I reckon there will be a good split rather than one player beating Youngs record. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, HKP90 said:

Who will be passing most to Diaby? Luiz? Meatball? They'll be knocking on the door. The more I see of Diaby, the more convinced I am that he'll score shedloads for us. I reckon he'll have 2 hat-tricks this season. Hopefully against Wolves, haha.

I think Diaby’s known as more of a creator/assister but he scores plenty of goals… he will create for Ollie too…

Yeah, I think the current candidates are:

Luiz (especially if he plays further forward/attacking)

Diaby

Buendia

Possibly Tielemans 

Moreno?? 🤔

JJ and McGinn possibly… 

Bailey (on form)?

But I can’t see them getting as many as 14!

We may yet bring in another top player to help out in attack, I think we need more of a goal getter and ruthless finisher than a creator though…

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is this the season that Laursen scored quite a few headers from young set pieces ?

We do have lots of creatively spread throughout our team now especially with Diaby and Tielemans added  so I reckon there will be a good split rather than one player beating Youngs record. 

Yeah, a spread of goals and assists is preferable and more beneficial as a whole…

I do wonder if someone could compare though…

We could see more goals from our defenders this season too…

Unai’s been at the defenders for not scoring enough! I think Ty said he would’ve killed him if he didn’t score against Fulham 😂

More Konsa wonder goals would be nice 😉 

Pau and Diego score goals too…

The debate about, who has had the best transfer window, will only be determined, when we see the players play.....not before the season starts.

have we finished yet, or are we waiting for exits?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

The debate about, who has had the best transfer window, will only be determined, when we see the players play.....not before the season starts.

We’re not done…

Unai’s been quite open in his pressers during preseason.

We are working on outgoings and are ready to act if good opportunities arise, in terms of incomings, particularly toward the end of the window.

Some deals are easier to negotiate than others…

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah, a spread of goals and assists is preferable and more beneficial as a whole…

I do wonder if someone could compare though…

We could see more goals from our defenders this season too…

Unai’s been at the defenders for not scoring enough! I think Ty said he would’ve killed him if he didn’t score against Fulham 😂

More Konsa wonder goals would be nice 😉 

Pau and Diego score goals too…

I think we relied too much on Ollies 15 and only the defence in tandem, got us the points.

No one else got above 7.....when others teams around us did.

We did spread them out, but small numbers.

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

what has a player who no longer plays for us - assists got to do with transfers?

Bloody hell, lighten up mate 😂

Could one of our players, existing, new or incoming beat or match that?

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/real-madrid/aston-villa-prepara-oferta-dani-90578970

The Utrerano faced the new year with high expectations after renewing his contract until 2027, a renewal that seemed to have put an end to all speculation about his future. Milan, in Serie A, and Aston Villa, in the Premier League were attentive to be able to get the services of the Real Madrid midfielder, but Ceballos prioritized renewing to fulfill the goal of succeeding in Real Madrid that he set himself when he changed Betis for the white team in the summer of 2017.

The start of the course is approaching and Unai Emery, coach of the villains, insists on Dani Ceballos to command his project in the Birmingham set. And so it has been transmitted to his new sporting director, Monchi. The Hondarribia already bet on the utrerano in his second season in charge of Arsenal, where they coincided for fifteen games, until Ceballos was injured. Upon his return, Emery had been sacked.

Emery has carte blanche at the Birmingham club after his spectacular campaign, taking the team in danger of relegation and qualifying for Europe. So Aston Villa plans to submit a firm offer to Real Madrid that would be around 15 million. The Basque coach hopes to convince the player with his project and making him see that at Villa Park he will have the minutes and the prominence that the competition in the midfield of Real Madrid will deny him.

didn't he sign a new contract in june lmao

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think we relied too much on Ollies 15 and only the defence in tandem, got us the points.

No one else got above 7.....when others teams around us did.

We did spread them out, but small numbers.

I think we’ll do better this season, play even better and have most players contributing more…

With better or more in form players around him, Ollie could really thrive this season… if he continues as the main man and signs a new deal (hurry up!)…

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

what has a player who no longer plays for us - assists got to do with transfers?

Not sure what point you are making here. Possibly clarify?

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Correct hindsight is a great thing. I seem to recall that generally spurs were considered by many to have "won the transfer window" last season. It really didnt play out like that. 

This time last year i thought our business of Coutinho, Carlos, Kamara, Olsen, Dendonker, Augustenthingy was excellent. Roll forward a year and its probably not played out as well.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Surely you have to judge their transfer activity under Poch now?  If you think he’s poor in the transfer window then fair enough. 

Not sure we can, half of this summers transfers like nkunku was agreed before he came. Actually don’t know which are his.

• Like 1

Just now, catanzaro said:

We were fairly one dimensional in 07/08.. so it’s a no-one from me.. we’ll score a shed load more though..

Make sense, it’s not exactly a necessity… I just wonder if someone could do something similar… and I do think we could bring in a perceived “top player” before the window closes…

If Buendia hits top form and consistency, and Ollie and/or Diaby are on his wavelength and able to control and take on those threaded through balls…he could get a high return….

But yeah, it’s a team game and better if more players are contributing and sharing the load…

Na, surely not… is he even that good? Where would he fit in?

Other than last season, his stats in terms of goals and assists are very underwhelming over the years…

Surprised he’s only 26 though…

If Unai wants, Unai gets…  but does he? 😆

Edited by Jas10