Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah because Chelsea have such a good record of buys 😂

Tbf, I think Poch will get more out of those players than previously seen… probably already seen it during preseason. He’ll definitely do a better job than ol’ Frank 😂 (Potter’s stock has dropped drastically, no one seems interested in him either…)

I can’t understand how they can manage and be allowed to have such a huge squad or “roster” though… should have to offload a few (Saudis helped out with that 🙄)… and did they only have to pay a £10m fine for breaking ffp??! WTF?

We’ll see a better Chelsea this season but I obv don’t know exactly how much of an improvement there will be…

With our progress and momentum under Unai… we could do really well and upset that established order. If everything goes well, I can only see City and Arsenal as “dead certs” to finish above us… but I’m not saying we’re finishing 3rd! 😂  Liverpool but it depends on whether they sort their midfield out… and aren’t too disrupted, they surely won’t be as bad as last season…. Probably Man U if Ten Hag works things out…  but let’s kick their asses good and proper this season!!!

I’m feeling confident about finishing above Spurs, possibly Chelsea if they struggle through some sort of transition…

I think we can finish above Newcastle and are better… 

Brighton are always a problem and a bit unpredictable…

Anyway, I think the aim could be 5th but I don’t want to add any pressure or raise expectations… 5-7th is a good and reasonable aim imo…

Happy to have stability and steady progress with Unai…

Maybe the first step is just to try and establish ourselves as a top 6 team and regular European qualification… it’s not going to be easy but Unai is the man!

I’ve read that his “real aim” for the near future is CL and a trophy… he is very ambitious… some more business in this window will only help…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Burnley look like they've been rounding up folk at the bus stop. I think I've only heard of one of their signings- Redmond. And he was alright 5 years ago. 

My initial relegation picks, based on how they have strengthened (or not) would be Burnley, Luton and (Sorry Ash) Everton.

Side note- I'd love to know what proportion of signings in the top european leagues these days have the surname Traore. I reckon it must be at least 5%.

Kompany had Burnley playing attractive football last season but he just doesn't have the personnel to do that in this league they'll get some proper batterings, I can see him sacked by Christmas.

I fancy forest to be in a relegation battle if they end up losing a couple of key players, I pray that Everton go down they deserve to the way they have been run the last few years.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, villan95 said:

I'd say we've done pretty well so far compared to most

F2eCUjBWQAIDuVz.thumb.jpeg.62c25e9e08aae24146f32f33ad4b324b.jpeg

I don't get why the YT vlogger's and pundits are saying Arsenal have had an A+ fantastic window!? Spunking £170m on Rice and Havertiz when there's better players for less money seems to me to be Boehly Chelsea level of throwing money about.

9 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

This. Measuring squads has to include synergies, not just individual strengths. 

I think Liverpool is getting seriously overrated this year. I could also see Tottenham being a shitshow. And I don’t think Brighton is going to be as much of a threat.

Agree about Spurs and Brighton but Liverpool will be top 4 this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I love him, when he's on it.

but, consistency, is his enemy.

Against Newky, he was sublime...then 2 sub standard offerings.....we simply don't know which version, we are getting, match to match.

He will kick on under the king/maestro this season, I’m sure of it.

As well as a few others.

Again, this is Unai’s first preseason and first complete season with the club… that’s cause for excitement and enthusiasm alone… is this being forgotten/overlooked perhaps? Due to the scale of his impact? There’s definitely a raising of expectation levels and demands due to that as well…

I think it’s important to not make drastic judgements during preseason too… especially based on those US games in sweltering heat and on shit pitches… they were for trying things, upping fitness/sharpness, working off rust and sharpness… we’ll be ready when the real kick off arrives…

We’ll get more insight as to Unai’s plans in the Lazio and Valencia games I believe too..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He will kick on under the king/maestro this season, I’m sure of it.

As well as a few others.

Again, this is Unai’s first preseason and first complete season with the club… that’s cause for excitement and enthusiasm alone… is this being forgotten/overlooked perhaps? Due to the scale of his impact? There’s definitely a raising of expectation levels and demands due to that as well…

I think it’s important to not make drastic judgements during preseason too… especially based on those US games in sweltering heat and on shit pitches… they were for trying things, upping fitness/sharpness, working off rust and sharpness… we’ll be ready when the real kick off arrives…

We’ll get more insight as to Unai’s plans in the Lazio and Valencia games I believe too..

Yeah....Pre season is what it is.

6 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Kompany had Burnley playing attractive football last season but he just doesn't have the personnel to do that in this league they'll get some proper batterings, I can see him sacked by Christmas.

I fancy forest to be in a relegation battle if they end up losing a couple of key players, I pray that Everton go down they deserve to the way they have been run the last few years.

Wolves please… sick of their dumbass fans and the “faux rivalry” they constantly bang on about… we don’t give a shit about them!

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wolves please… sick of their dumbass fans and the “faux rivalry” they constantly bang on about… we don’t give a shit about them!

................but its about time we give them, a seeing to.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Agree about Spurs and Brighton but Liverpool will be top 4 this season.

They probably will, but they'll finish behind City, United and Arsenal.  Their midfield is still their weakness.

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I don't even think about Wolves they are a nothing team, would be nice to see them go down though!

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

................but its about time we give them, a seeing to.

Yes, I would be delighted if we gave them a good hiding!

I don’t know exactly what’s going on there but they’ve brought in a lot of money with their sales and I’d be surprised if the manager stuck around without any signings of his choice.

Dodgy agent dealings, dodgy Chinese owners… their arrogance has been off the charts… time for it to bite them back in the ass! Funny how quickly they turned on Nuno after obsessing over him too…

I think the “rivalry” extends to the players who seem to bring a more aggressive and competitive approach when they face us…

It’s time to put them in their place and visibly outclass them…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

They probably will, but they'll finish behind City, United and Arsenal.  Their midfield is still their weakness.

Agree about the Manchester teams not so sure about Arsenal though I'm not convinced with Arteta I think he could get found out this season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

I don't even think about Wolves they are a nothing team, would be nice to see them go down though!

Like I said, they’re obsessed with us but we don’t give a shit about them. Send them the way of Leeds…

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

How good is this Szoboslai kid? Think he’ll make a big impact?

Just now, Jas10 said:

Not really seen him, so can't comment.  There is no guarantee he will adjust to PL from Bundesliga, so a bit of a risk IMO.  

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I have never seen him, but I know a couple of Pool fans, and they seem to think he is the missing piece. Not sure how representative they are of the fanbase as a whole.