Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

10 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

From nothing more than my Football Manager (2020) knowledge of him I would say it'd be a clear upgrade. In the real world however, I have no idea but I suspect it could be!

Scrap that, he's only 5ft 7"!! Burn him at the stake!!

Based on his profile, he's not the right sort of player at all for what we need at RB. 

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

We must have a plan for it.

If we somehow don't bring in a RB and are concerned about the homegrown quota, we'd never have sent KKH on loan as that would have solved both of our problems.

There's over a month yet to bring somebody in for that role, and we have more than enough talent for the homegrown quota, just need to balance off who spends more time on the bench than playing on loan this year. 

Marschall, JJ and probably Archer are a given this year. Meaning we need one more (does Marschall count?).

The new Loan and Development manager will.be looking at a long list of names and seeing whether someone can genuinely help the First Team and stay this year (probably AJ), or whether somebody sticks around rather than go on loan for their development to ensure the likes of AJ can go on loan get games in a crucial year in their careers.

Ramsey, Omari Kellyman, Kadan Young, Tommy O'Reilly, Ben Chrisene,  Lamare Bogarde, Josh Feeney any one of them could be named in the ECL squad if needs be

Marschall does count but technically qualifies as an U21 player, which for all intents and purposes has the same outcome but offers a bit more flexibility.

I think Philogene and Aaron Ramsey are probably the closest to stepping up to the squad properly. Philogene has started both friendlies so far and McGinn made some positive comments about him so maybe he could be a surprise inclusion in the squad this year. Ramsey has a good chance too considering he could cover his brother whilst he’s injured. 

But I’m not sure if Emery will want to keep players just for the numbers or if he will send them out on loan for game time, they might be better suited to another loan spell. As you say we have a load of youngsters behind the scenes who could step up to the bench if really needed, Kadan Young for example seems like has caught Emery’s eye and with his pace he could surely be thrown on for 10-15 minutes in Europe to rest someone else’s legs.

The benefit of U21 players is they don’t actually need to be registered in the 25 man squad, so all those players you mentioned + Marschall and A Ramsey would all be eligible without taking up a squad place if desired, apart from Kellyman who only recently signed (need to be at the club for 2 years to qualify as an eligible U21 player for Europe)

Edited by david-avfc

40 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Twitter chatter this morning about Villa signing Dest...not sure if he's a clear upgrade on Cash, but he'd add depth at least.

He'd be Moreno for the right. Lots of pace, great feet, might as well be a winger most of the time. Still only 22 iirc, too. Couldn't play with both FBs that attacking in the majority of matches but would let us switch things around.

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Need a backup RB and GK. Don't think anything else is achievable or realistic.

We won't be buying a striker as good or better than Watkins with the budgets we have left.

Loan to buy is the route I think we will take for another attacker, Ferran Torres late in the window possibly 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Need a backup RB and GK. Don't think anything else is achievable or realistic.

We won't be buying a striker as good or better than Watkins with the budgets we have left.

Need a first-choice RB and a backup GK.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Excellent suggestion!

Agreed..Navas is a really good shout...quite impressed with him at Forest whenever he played.

He's certainly an upgrade on Olsen!!

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

On ability yes, in terms of his frankly ridiculous anti-vax beliefs, a hard no.

Who cares about his views on covid it’s the racism and far right views which means it’s a hard no 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair point. I guess once we have been able to move on those mentioned plus Dendonker we may bring some in.  A right back and a striker maybe ?  Not sure if Archer is ready.  Definitely need a backup keeper.  I’ve Navas mentioned and if he is happy being a number 2 then I think he would be worth the wages. He could play the European games. 

Also how long is Moreno out for and will he still be the same player ?

Completely agree on a back up keeper, not convinced by Olsen at all. Someone like Navas would make sense on a year long deal. Whoever it is needs to be competent on the ball as much as anything else.

Don’t think Moreno was a properly serious one, a few months out which has mostly been absorbed by the close season anyway, probably back some point in August

• Like 1

Aston Villa have reportedly enquired about availability of Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat this summer, along with Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United - and the team from Florence are said to be after as much as €30m if they're to sell him this summer.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa--manchester-united-27382878?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Amrabat is a class act but surely we are well stocked in this position?

Actually replacement for Donk?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Amrabat is a class act but surely we are well stocked in this position?

Isn't Dendocker supposed to be going? Still fairly strong in that area with Kamara, Luiz, Tielemans and McGinn but maybe Emery feels we need a bit more.

16 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Saw that really odd link considering how stacked we are at DM. We’re not paying €30m for a squad player.

Yeah I don’t believe the link but if true, we are aiming way higher than I thought.

Media seems to link us with everyone so I’m sure it’s just that.

23 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Yeah I don’t believe the link but if true, we are aiming way higher than I thought.

Media seems to link us with everyone so I’m sure it’s just that.

If we’re moving more towards a 4-3-3 with Emery thinking McGinn is better suited out wide, I can absolutely see why we’d be after another central midfielder. Just sayin’

Just now, Feidhlim said:

He's a Kamara / Dendonker / Tim player so unless the latter two get shifted I don't see it happening 

Well it seems Dendoncker is available for sale and some teams sniffing around.  Tim wasn’t taken on the tour so seems imminent loan is happening.