Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

£2m for Nakamba is probably a couple of mil cheap but realistically he isn’t part of our plans and if any other PL clubs bar Luton thought he was worth having they’d have jumped all over it. Rather than worrying about what amounts to a few quid in the world of PL clubs it’s best to shake hands and part ways

12 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

NSWE + Emery + ECL + Tielemans + Torres + Diaby = a gigantic leap forward after 14 years in the wilderness. But, it will not stop Villa's social media followers saying that it's shite. Ignore those morons. They do not even know the difference between should've/ should of; could've/ could of; would've/ would of; there/ their/ they're; it's/ its...

Jokes on you it's should have, would have and could have ;)

• Like 3

On 21/07/2023 at 19:17, useless said:

Kamada is free, is still only 26, is versatile, nine goals and seven assists last season in Bundesliga, would be our first ever Japanse player on the mens team. He seems to fit the profile to a tee to what we're looking for in a player.

I feel like I've mentioned him a few times now and also in general football forums but get very little reaction. Is there something about him I don't know about? Why is no-one signing him and why did Frankfurt let him go?

Just now, skarroki said:

I feel like I've mentioned him a few times now and also in general football forums but get very little reaction. Is there something about him I don't know about? Why is no-one signing him and why did Frankfurt let him go?

Someone on here, can't remember who, said he wants huge wages, as well as a huge chunk of his image rights etc, as he really has a huge image rights income thing going on.

Apparently the whole package is huge factoring all he wants in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Is it ? Thats good news then at least. Hopefully a good sell on clause

I don't think Luton will ever sell for profit, he's not on a big contract and will be 30 by the next transfer window and his career highlight in England is doing a good job in midfield for a small Championship team for 6 months, unless you count sporadically playing for Villa over 3 years as a better achievement. 

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Someone on here, can't remember who, said he wants huge wages, as well as a huge chunk of his image rights etc, as he really has a huge image rights income thing going on.

Apparently the whole package is huge factoring all he wants in.

That sounds like someone who's on there way to the MLS or Saudi Arabia then I guess. If it's entirely money driven move. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

That sounds like someone who's on there way to the MLS or Saudi Arabia then I guess. If it's entirely money driven move. 

I guess one of the things with Japanese or Korean players that are top level, even if they may not be quite good enough for a starting 11 slot, you would still take them due to the huge image rights and fan base.

However, if he wants a huge chunk of that too, maybe a player you are 50/50 about, now becomes much less enticing.

Edited by MaVilla

Just now, MaVilla said:

I guess one of the things with Japanese or Korean players that are top level, even if they may not be quite good enough for a starting 11 slot, you would still take them due to the huge image rights and fan base.

However, if he wants a huge chunk of that too, maybe a player you are 59/50 about, now becomes much less enticing.

I just think we should bite the bullet and go for it whilst we're in the mood for "omg Villa managed to get him?" Transfers 

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I just think we should bite the bullet and go for it whilst we're in the mood for "omg Villa managed to get him?" Transfers 

It's an interesting one, I have mentioned kamada for probthe previous two summer windows now, but with the signings we are making, im not even sure he would be in our starting 11.

Who knows tho tbh, would prob still take him.

Edited by MaVilla

1 hour ago, useless said:

WIthout Nakamba we may have been relegated first season back and maybe not signing the likes of Torres and DIaby now, we won 23 points from games he played 2019/20 season. Of course another midfielder might have done a similar job, but all that matters is that Nakamba did his job and helped us survive, so his fee already paid for itself just based on that.

Exactly this.  FFP made it very difficult for us (and plenty of other teams) to sign players for anything more than a 2 - 3 year window (if our plan was to go from promotion, avoid relegation, mid-table, top half and then challenging for promotion).  Lots of players earned their value by keeping us up and allowing us to progress.  Our transfer success in comparison to other clubs is also skewed against us because we've not had to sell our best players every season.  People are beginning to notice that Kamara, McGinn, Tielemans, Ramsey and Luiz cost less between them than many bang average players and that the resale value for each of them would realise a pretty healthy profit indeed.  Maybe not quite at the level of Brighton but very favourably compared to most other teams in the division.  But the true value still lies in the fact that without the likes of Nakamba, Trez, AEG, etc we would likely of either not got promoted or been relegated straight away.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, supermon said:

Jokes on you it's should have, would have and could have ;)

I assumed that was exactly the joke that he was making - i.e. people didn't know that should've is short for should have and doesn't mean should of.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, david-avfc said:

£2m for Nakamba is probably a couple of mil cheap but realistically he isn’t part of our plans and if any other PL clubs bar Luton thought he was worth having they’d have jumped all over it. Rather than worrying about what amounts to a few quid in the world of PL clubs it’s best to shake hands and part ways

The Guardian quoted £4m as the fee.  I'm happy with that quote, even if it's not true. 

5 minutes ago, STO said:

The Guardian quoted £4m as the fee.  I'm happy with that quote, even if it's not true. 

It's 4m plus add ons, if they stay up its another 2m. That's what I'm hearing, decent business from both parties.  

1 hour ago, david-avfc said:

Are we sure he cost £2m only? He had £2.2m left in his book value. He was surely worth more than that too.