Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, TRO said:

Oops, perhaps you don't like my opinion.....However, I accept you are entitled to yours.

To me Jas there is a comparison, not on age, no.....but in terms of mercurial talent, they are both revered in certain circles, and it is debatable if they have lived up to that judgment, consistently....Particularly with Phil in latter years.

And I haven't stated definately, he has no will to win......its my opinion, of how he comes across to ME.....So you don't agree, fine.

You say, he is not the right fit at Athletico, has Simone, said that?....It could be any amount of reasons, they don't fancy him, along with PSG allegedly and I guess Chelsea too.

Its not about being harsh on some players and forgiving on others.....Its more about how you rate a player, and we all have our own reasons for doing so, and they vary, from person to person.

I accept your view, that he is only 23, but I am not sure what that means.....many players, with huge expectation, have not lived up to it.....We cannot assume an upward trajectory of improvement, just because a player is young, it can equally plateau, or decline.

Sorry, if my opinion on the player, does not match yours......but I have been wrong before, so rest easy.

Judging by your response, maybe my comment appeared more aggressive or stronger than intended. Sorry for that.

I don’t care if someone doesn’t agree with me, my comments were more in general rather than directed at one particular individual. We’ve long since moved on now so I don’t want to labour the point, shared my thoughts fully. Check my past comments if you so wish or desire…

I respect your opinion too, it’s fine to agree to disagree. I just don’t understand the questions over his character when no one has literally any insight into it. That’s more what I had an “issue” with.

He has a hell of a lot more to offer and improvement/development to make when compared to Coutinho at the point of when we signed him. I see zero comparison.

It’s fine, we can disagree on that too 😆

I’m tired of discussion Félix tbh.

And btw, we all get it wrong, sometimes that can be quite pleasurable 😆

But you probably know better than most with your defences of Bruce and Gerrard eh? 😉 

Sorry, just a cheeky jab.

I’ve got plenty wrong and been happy to see it…

A lot of us were fed up with McGinn for example… and he totally blew us all away with his performances 👏

King Unai has been a breath of fresh air, what an amazing manager we finally have… 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He would be one of our smaller players

Doku?, He looks massive in this video, maybe I'm misinterpreting the scale. Unless you mean height? He's clealy not the tallest, but he looks really bulky. Not Adama bulky, but pretty built.

Edited by maqroll

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I say both. Stick Doku on the left and Diaby on the right. That’s dangerous. 

Interesting… may see a few sales if that were the case. Bailey out?

Wouldn’t expect us to play with two wingers unless Unai changed the system…

According to Romano, Doku is just a back up option to Diaby though…

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Judging by your response, maybe my comment appeared more aggressive or stronger than intended. Sorry for that.

I don’t care if someone doesn’t agree with me, my comments were more in general rather than directed at one particular individual. We’ve long since moved on now so I don’t want to labour the point, shared my thoughts fully. Check my past comments if you so wish or desire…

I respect your opinion too, it’s fine to agree to disagree. I just don’t understand the questions over his character when no one has literally any insight into it. That’s more what I had an “issue” with.

He has a hell of a lot more to offer and improvement/development to make when compared to Coutinho at the point of when we signed him. I see zero comparison.

It’s fine, we can disagree on that too 😆

I’m tired of discussion Félix tbh.

And btw, we all get it wrong, sometimes that can be quite pleasurable 😆

But you probably know better than most with your defences of Bruce and Gerrard eh? 😉 

Sorry, just a cheeky jab.

I’ve got plenty wrong and been happy to see it…

A lot of us were fed up with McGinn for example… and he totally blew us all away with his performances 👏

King Unai has been a breath of fresh air, what an amazing manager we finally have… 

Let me explain my opinion....Even though, I don't believe we are following him with any real intent.

He has scored 38 goals in his last 151 games over 5 seasons....sure he is young, but 3.97 is a rate some of our current players are eclipsing, and so did Danny Ings....sure he is a forward/winger, attacking Mid..so not always a direct striker.

Now they are stats, but when ever I have watched him, not that often granted, (but I have watched a few games in my time)....I don't get the vibe. I get the talent, I don't get the aggression or the willingness to force issues....some may dismiss/overlook  that... I don't.

The cheeky jab was fine.....but at least get some accuracy in those cheeky jabs.....for the millionth time, I backed him against the vitriol, and still think the cabbage was a dark day for us....Gerrad was different, I simply got it wrong and backed him, without knowing enough.

As for McGinn, when the criticisms were rife, they ( the critics) were right and he said as much himself......Thankfully UE has transformed, nearly all of our players, to the surprise of many, me included), but we are in danger of drifting off topic here.

We all have our opinions, who should be the next, signings.....but maybe you could stretch a bit of credit, because I have been saying, for some time,we defensive strength in the first team squad, and so far, he has signed, 2 out of 3, in that area, as his first captures.

I have every confidence, he will get the signings right, even if I don't fancy them.......by the way Torres was a capture and a half.

PS from the Daily mail quote.........."Simeone wants his players to be soldiers on the pitch, rotating positions without complaining".....I think Unai does too.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Let me explain my opinion....Even though, I don't believe we are following him with any real intent.

He has scored 38 goals in his last 151 games over 5 years....sure he is young, but 3.97 is a rate some of our current players are eclipsing, and so did Danny Ings.

Now they are stats, but when ever I have watched him, not that often granted, (but I have watched a few games in my time)....I don't get the vibe. I get the talent, I don't get the aggression or the willingness to force issues....some may dismiss/overlook  that I don't.

The cheeky jab was fine.....but at least get some accuracy in those cheeky jabs.....for the millionth time, I backed him against the vitriol, and still think the cabbage was a dark day for us....Gerrad was different, I simply got it wrong and backed him, without knowing enough.

As for McGinn, when the criticisms were rife, they ( the critics) were right and he said as much himself......Thankfully UE has transformed, nearly all of our players, to the surprise of many, me included), but we are in danger of drifting off topic here.

We all have our opinions, who should be the next, signings.....but maybe you could stretch a bit of credit, because I have been saying, for some time,we defensive strength in the first team squad, and so far, he has signed, 2 out of 3, in that area.

I have every confidence, he will get the signings right, even if I don't fancy them.......by the way Torres was a capture and a half.

It’s fine TRO, no issues here. I’d like to move on from the Félix topic for today… Félix is not a CF btw, very different to a player like Ings.

Personally, I think it’s enough that Unai likes and wants the player (see quotes).

Stats without greater/full context mean very little, so many factors to consider. Just a guideline really. Players playing in different leagues, in different environments, teams, styles, managers etc. Plenty of players have slumps and ones they overcome in their careers too…

As you’ve eloquently explained in the past, text doesn’t often convey an accurate impression of the complete feelings/emotions or even intent of the writer. Misunderstandings are rife.

I wasn’t having a go, not with the cheeky jibe either. You know I’m a joker 🤣 we don’t need to get into all that and the details of it. I shouldn’t have mentioned it but it’s hard to resist temptation 🤣 you shouldn’t need to continually defend yourself.

I respect many of your views and opinions, though not all, even when they differ to mine.

In what way would you like me to “extend some credit”?

I’ve alway been on your side regarding that DM area needing addressing and we finally sorted it in the end. Saw many of the same deficiencies in the side too…

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Interesting… may see a few sales if that were the case. Bailey out?

Wouldn’t expect us to play with two wingers unless Unai changed the system…

According to Romano, Doku is just a back up option to Diaby though…

I wouldn’t mind seeing Bailey out. I just worry he’s never going to overcome his injury bug but I’m not sure we could recoup the money invested in him.

How about Diaby in more of a central Buendia role and then have Doku on the wing who can flip between both sides during a match?

I’m tactically illiterate when it comes to soccer so feel free to laugh at that opinion, lol.

Also I’d love to learn where Romano is getting that info. I assume it’s someone from Doku’s camp?

Edited by Aston_Villan4

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Bailey out. I just worry he’s never going to overcome his injury bug but I’m not sure we could recoup the money invested in him.

How about Diaby in more of a central Buendia role and then have Doku on the wing who can flip between both sides during a match?

I’m tactically illiterate when it comes to soccer so feel free to laugh at that opinion, lol.

Also I’d love to learn where Romano is getting that info. I assume it’s someone from Doku’s camp?

Na mate, give yourself some credit.

A lot of us don’t actually have a clue what we’re talking about half the time either 🤣

Your suggestion is completely fair and sensible… 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This I don’t understand as nobody is talking about it, albeit you’re right, I heard they were banned too?!

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Wait when did this happen?

Heard they only had to pay a relatively small amount to clear it… probably been resolved by now…

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s fine TRO, no issues here. I’d like to move on from the Félix topic for today… Félix is not a CF btw, very different to a player like Ings.

Personally, I think it’s enough that Unai likes and wants the player (see quotes).

Stats without greater/full context mean very little, so many factors to consider. Just a guideline really. Players playing in different leagues, in different environments, teams, styles, managers etc. Plenty of players have slumps and ones they overcome in their careers too…

As you’ve eloquently explained in the past, text doesn’t often convey an accurate impression of the complete feelings/emotions or even intent of the writer. Misunderstandings are rife.

I wasn’t having a go, not with the cheeky jibe either. You know I’m a joker 🤣 we don’t need to get into all that and the details of it. I shouldn’t have mentioned it but it’s hard to resist temptation 🤣 you shouldn’t need to continually defend yourself.

I respect many of your views and opinions, though not all, even when they differ to mine.

In what way would you like me to “extend some credit”?

I’ve alway been on your side regarding that DM area needing addressing and we finally sorted it in the end. Saw many of the same deficiencies in the side too…

Yeah, we have explained our feelings towards JF

In my pursuit of the defensive side of our game, and my tendency to support that area of development.

.....sure we need attackers now.

I do get things wrong, but I get things right too.....Some have a habit of focusing on the negatives ( not you Jas)

What do you think of Diaby and Doku?

Edited by TRO