Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Bloody exciting, whether or not it happens.

An opportunity to get one of the most talented young players around… would shock the football world 🤣

Unai would get him singing, and if Unai rates or wants him… then we should too…

Just to be linked to such a player or even be in the conversation is a big deal for the club… no one would ever have imagined this kind of thing before Unai arrived and worked his magic…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Well apparently PSG, Newcastle and Man United are interested in him if you believe the same press that state we're in for him. We're the only ones to make an offer so far.

My view is that Joao isn't quite as good as he thinks he is. That's not to say he isn't a very good player, and I think we are actually about his level. But I saw a decent amount of him at Atleti and was never entirely convinced. 

Maybe it could have been the constraints of playing under Simeone, but I don't think he has ever consistently shown why they paid so much money for him.

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

If Emery wants Felix, and Felix wants Villa, and we can afford him…

….I’m trusting Emery over our VT muppet show. 

It really is as simple as that.  

Part of VT would rather have Harvey Barnes etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Would be absolutely massive imagine a window of, tielemans,pau,Diaby,Felix…… with maybe a right back and HOPEFULLY a back up keeper 

Would be historic, one or two more I would imagine too…

9 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

My view is that Joao isn't quite as good as he thinks he is. That's not to say he isn't a very good player, and I think we are actually about his level. But I saw a decent amount of him at Atleti and was never entirely convinced. 

Maybe it could have been the constraints of playing under Simeone, but I don't think he has ever consistently shown why they paid so much money for him.

Gonna keep banging this drum:

Needs the right environment and needs the right manager…

The same applies and has applied to so many talented players. Form is temporary, class is permanent…

If (BIG IF) there’s a way we can comfortably afford and negotiate a deal… and if Unai wants and rates him… it’d be silly not to get it done…

34 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Haaland would have looked dogs**t in that absolute train wreck of a Chelsea side last season. 

Wasn’t he the best of a bad bunch at Chelsea? And they were a complete mess.

Managed by someone arguably and marginally better than the clown we had…

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wasn’t he the best of a bad bunch at Chelsea? And they were a complete mess.

Managed by someone arguably and marginally better than the clown we had…

Two years ago our Sunday league side was 'managed' by an actual bin man. Worked for Biffa. Cult hero. 

He would have gotten more out of that Chelsea squad than Lampard. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

Two years ago our Sunday league side was managed by an actual bin man. Worked for Biffa.  

He would have gotten more out of that Chelsea squad than Lampard. 

Nice.

And now an analogy for the Scouse clown please? 🤣

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

However, I remain unconvinced he is what we're looking for 

Emery confirmed we were interested in January, he’s still available now so I’d say he is absolutely what we’re looking for