Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I think there's a lot of assumptions going on with how Emery is definitely going to set us up going forward based on the ultimately small sample size of his work so far with an unbalanced squad that he inherited from Gerrard, when really we don't know for sure.

Barnes is almost exclusively a LW at this point in his career but seeing as Gerrard hated width outside of the full backs we haven't really had one at the club in Emery's time to know if he'd want to use a player in that position or not. It's what makes this transfer window/pre-season so interesting as we'll probably get more of a firm idea of things as it moves along.

If we go for the assymetric approach with Moreno bombing on, we'll need more of an inside forward on the left, no? I think JJ could play that role if I'm honest. Or Ollie if we get another striker. 

Here's a mad one, I think we may target a new LB. 

Hear me out. Digne is a very capable, tidy footballer but he's also not the type of player to beat a man and hit the byline. You see just how dangerous we become with Moreno doing just that. Not only that, Digne is on £1029847208448560 a week, so it might be good to get him off the books as he isn't getting any younger.

With Moreno's injury, we may move Digne on, bring in another LB and then when Moreno comes back, those two can fight it out?

Capiche?

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hear me out. Digne is a very capable, tidy footballer but he's also not the type of player to beat a man and hit the byline. You see just how dangerous we become with Moreno doing just that. Not only that, Digne is on £1029847208448560 a week, so it might be good to get him off the books as he isn't getting any younger.

With Moreno's injury, we may move Digne on, bring in another LB and then when Moreno comes back, those two can fight it out?

Capiche?

I think this would be very low on our priority list to be fair.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Capiche?

Nah you only get rid of Digne for financial reasons which means an opportunity must present itself....
I feel similar about Cash, I would get rid if someone came in with 25m and buy Liveramento for 15m

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Capiche?

we've been loosely linked to Jesús Vázquez - who plays LB at Valencia, no idea if he is good or if those links have any substance

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Capiche?

Don’t think Digne’s that great but moreso because of the outlay on him, it would be good to shift him and get a more long term and sustainable/affordable option. But who’s going to splash out on him?

Someone ready to compete with and eventually take over from Moreno…

Don’t think it’s a priority though but a young, high potential LB would be a great addition to our squad.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Nah you only get rid of Digne for financial reasons which means an opportunity must present itself....
I feel similar about Cash, I would get rid if someone came in with 25m and buy Liveramento for 15m

I like Liveramento. Would he be that cheap, though?

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

If we go for the assymetric approach with Moreno bombing on, we'll need more of an inside forward on the left, no? I think JJ could play that role if I'm honest. Or Ollie if we get another striker. 

I do think JJ is suited to that role or similar… not sure if he will get much of a look in at central midfield now… his attacking and ball carrying skills are superb and that’s probably the best way to utilise them… he’s such a goal threat too and a good finisher.

• Like 2

Just now, Jas10 said:

I do think JJ is suited to that role or similar… not sure if he will get much of a look in at central midfield now… his attacking and ball carrying skills are superb and that’s probably the best way to utilise them… he’s such a goal threat too and a good finisher.

Exactly. We're really only short a prolific RW/ST hybrid. 

Man, Felix would do bits in this team. 

Also, maybe Correa at Atletico? I have no idea his circumstances, but I've seen him a few times and he could do the doings there.

Just now, villa4europe said:

Someone was linked with buying him for £12m earlier in the week

That's too good to be true

At that price we definitely should.

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Capiche?

It’s a fine balance of improvement and not totally overhauling the squad. Dinge stays for now he was steady enough under Emery.

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Exactly. We're really only short a prolific RW/ST hybrid. 

Man, Felix would do bits in this team. 

Also, maybe Correa at Atletico? I have no idea his circumstances, but I've seen him a few times and he could do the doings there.

I do see JJ as more of an attacker than a midfielder these days but… his dribbling ability is so useful from deep, he carries the team forwards and so LM seems to suit him best, perhaps?

But I can also see him supporting Watkins really well.

The assist for Archer recently was quite the eye opener… he is just getting better and better…

Yeah, I’m so excited to see how we strengthen our attack. We need goals and I’d really like us to get Goncalves but Felix would be a massive coup and we (Unai) could probably bring the best out of him. I’d be elated and shocked if we got Chiesa… we’re linked to Ferran Torres again… Bloody exciting!

Just now, gwi1890 said:

It’s a fine balance of improvement and not totally overhauling the squad. Dinge stays for now he was steady enough under Emery.

Fair and reasonable… but do we need/want more than “steady”? Unai is ambitious… he has a chance to mould the team/squad in his own image now…