Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

When Kamara was not in the squad under Emery we won 5 drew 2 and lost 1. We didn't fare that badly. Most teams outside of Man City don't have this luxury of 2 great players for every position. It's pipe dream nonsense

Now add Thursday night Euro games before them wins, some of them will turn to draws or losses.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Now add Thursday night Euro games before them wins, some of them will turn to draws or losses.

Now comment on the unhighlighted part. If Man U don't have Casemiro they finish lower. Such is life

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Now comment on the unhighlighted part. If Man U don't have Casemiro they finish lower. Such is life

But... they do.  They improved their team by signing Casemiro, which is what we want to do by signing another DM?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

No idea how reliable the source is. But damn, if this is true.

I'm not sure about it because I don't think CB is near a priority - we've got 3 good ones and plenty of backup in case the shit hits the fan (Chambers, Dendoncker, Kamara etc.) 

The money really needs to be spent in attack. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

I'm not sure about it because I don't think CB is near a priority - we've got 3 good ones and plenty of backup in case the shit hits the fan (Chambers, Dendoncker, Kamara etc.) 

Carlos is TBC as far as i'm concerned.  There is no guarantee he'll play again to the level we need. 

• Like 1

Just now, lexicon said:

It's scattergun season for 'journalists' now. 

They just fire out speculation based on previous links/players from Unai's previous clubs/players that might suit our system and if one of the them sticks in the summer they claim they have special insider knowledge. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It’s like I said above, we have no idea what Emery’s priorities are so I’m not going to be surprised if we have some unexpected positional buys.  Buying Moreno seemed slightly strange when we had Digne and the need we had in other positions as priority but Moreno has been a revelation and been a great help in our second half the season.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

When Kamara was not in the squad under Emery we won 5 drew 2 and lost 1. We didn't fare that badly. Most teams outside of Man City don't have this luxury of 2 top quality players for every position. It's pipe dream nonsense

Yeah exactly, with those extra midfielders we could have won all 8!! 😉

Edited by GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS

4 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

Stopped reading at Heaton: average

suit you sir.

Not sure about that though.

Heaton was a superb signing on paper, however the reality of what happened is that we paid 8m for him, he got injured after half a season and never played for us again, so the "average" was based on the reality of the transfer outcome, not the fact that it was a superb signing "on paper" initially.

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Genuine question, could two left footed centre halves play together? 

a lot of teams have two right footed centre backs, so i dont see why two left footed literally cant play together?

Is it ideal?, maybe not (in the same way two right footed CB's arent "ideal").

Is it do-able?, dont see why not.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s like I said above, we have no idea what Emery’s priorities are so I’m not going to be surprised if we have some unexpected positional buys.  Buying Moreno seemed slightly strange when we had Digne and the need we had in other positions as priority but Moreno has been a revelation and been a great help in our second half the season.

Digne hadn't convinced a lot of fans (still hasn't tbf) and from the perspective of Emery's system, it made sense to get somebody who was more suited to it. Mings has been absolutely excellent in Emery's system, so I just can't see him being replaced. 

I think @duke313's argument that Carlos might be a bit buggered could be true. In which case it might make sense. The Mings-Konsa partnership works very well, but I think Mings does the heavier lifting there of the two. I'd be very hesitant to break them up but naturally I'd defer to Emery in any case. 

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Digne hadn't convinced a lot of fans (still hasn't tbf) and from the perspective of Emery's system, it made sense to get somebody who was more suited to it. Mings has been absolutely excellent in Emery's system, so I just can't see him being replaced. 

I think @duke313's argument that Carlos might be a bit buggered could be true. In which case it might make sense. The Mings-Konsa partnership works very well, but I think Mings does the heavier lifting there of the two. I'd be very hesitant to break them up but naturally I'd defer to Emery in any case. 

It's definitely something that is a possibility.  Hopefully not though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Getting linked with martial on loan

No thanks!

Getting linked with Lukaku on loan as well…all crazy links now

Edited by nick76

I've always thought there was a decent player in Martial somewhere. The type of player that needs the right manager/system I think. 

Don't particularly want us to sign him but I suspect if we did, Unai would get something out of him that we've not seen at United.

But i'd rather not and I don't think it will happen. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

I've always thought there was a decent player in Martial somewhere. The type of player that needs the right manager/system I think. 

Don't particularly want us to sign him but I suspect if we did, Unai would get something out of him that we've not seen at United.

But i'd rather not and I don't think it will happen. 

Never been a fan of Martial, just never had the right attitude of wanting it and that has been under a number of managers.  Starting base for any recruitment has to be the right attitude.