Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

32 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Think this is a nailed on transfer & would only be in the region of £30 million

Nailed on how? We didn’t  sign in January when the rumours were rife but faded in the last week of the window.  Not often you hear of a player being signed the following window after such speculation the prior window.  His valuation seems to have reduced from the rumoured £40m to now between £20-30m, which is strange.  Now he’s not getting game time either…maybe because he’s asked to leave or his head has been turned or his form has fell off.  If we finish 5th or 6th maybe our targets will be a higher level.  I think this is a far from nailed on purchase.

8 minutes ago, burchy said:

Didn’t we say the same about Kamara though. Surely if there’s a release clause and we meet it we’ve got a chance at least.

I’d put Kvaratskhelia in a higher bracket to Veiga though.

I was watching the Madrid v Celta Vigo match this weekend and all the commentators were talking about whenever he got the ball was how it's pretty much common knowledge in Spain that he's off to Madrid this summer.  

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nailed on how? We didn’t  sign in January when the rumours were rife but faded in the last week of the window.  Not often you hear of a player being signed the following window after such speculation the prior window.  His valuation seems to have reduced from the rumoured £40m to now between £20-30m, which is strange.  Now he’s not getting game time either…maybe because he’s asked to leave or his head has been turned or his form has fell off.  If we finish 5th or 6th maybe our targets will be a higher level.  I think this is a far from nailed on purchase.

Just feel this will be our 1st signing of the summer you here snippets here & there from his club regards the very good offer Villa made Marseille for him, Guendouzi has come out in the media on how much he rates Emery & how much they got on at Arsenal together. His form has dropped off & I think it's no coincidence since we went atfer him in January.I have no inside information, just reading between all the lines he will be wear claret & blue next season, we shall have to wait & see

Digne linked with Nice in the Mail. No way that's happening they couldn't dream of affording him. Mid table French side, plus surely we don't want to be messing around with LB when it's clearly a covered position for us.

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Digne linked with Nice in the Mail. No way that's happening they couldn't dream of affording him. Mid table French side, plus surely we don't want to be messing around with LB when it's clearly a covered position for us.

Think the club would prefer to free up the wages of Coutinho and Digne for other areas of the squad if possible. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I do.

I have never been in favour of 2 full backs tripping the light fantastic.....one yes, but not 2....I think it leaves too few in numbers with defensive Nous.

I know, Liverpool do, but that's them.

Emery's system requires a defensive right back, I think he is the best around and gettable.

18 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Just feel this will be our 1st signing of the summer you here snippets here & there from his club regards the very good offer Villa made Marseille for him, Guendouzi has come out in the media on how much he rates Emery & how much they got on at Arsenal together. His form has dropped off & I think it's no coincidence since we went atfer him in January.I have no inside information, just reading between all the lines he will be wear claret & blue next season, we shall have to wait & see

Not sure I agree.  The offer we apparently made was to his people not the club and that was very limited sources, if not one source so was it real, an inquiry or what.  His club said several times that not only did we not make a bid, we never even contacted them, that they were waiting for the bid but nothing came.  So we didn’t know how much his club wanted, no negotiations happened and no movement in the final week or two of the window, all for what? So we then wait until the summer? Seems unlikely and then it’s not a good look that he completely loses form and gets dropped.  Hmmm….not sure it all fits imo but I guess we’ll wait and see.  Sounds like a player that could be good for us and he played well with Kamara but to me it’s just another player linked in a window that has gone, nothing happened and the next window it all starts fresh with new links.  Maybe Guendouzi will be one of those links but generally doesn’t happen two windows on the trot but there are always exceptions.

Edited by nick76

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Emi Martinez would love us to sign Lo Celso, the Argentina nationals seem very tight. We have to watch out so we don’t end up with Romero as well.

Not a fan of Lo Celso to be honest, not convinced.

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Nice are owned by Ineos so in extension Jim Rathcliffe.

Their current squad includes Aaron Ramsey (the old one) our favorite Ross Barkley, Kasper Schmeichel, Nicholas Pepe (on loan) and guys like Khephren Thuram, Moffi (loan) and Todibo.

They are not chumps. Obviously they won't pay him what we are paying him but living in Nice is nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sne said:

Their current squad includes Aaron Ramsey (the old one) our favorite Ross Barkley, Kasper Schmeichel, Nicholas Pepe (on loan) and guys like Khephren Thuram, Moffi (loan) and Todibo.

They are not chumps. Obviously they won't pay him what we are paying him but living in Nice is nice.

That squad sounds like a horror show tbf, at least from a manager’s point of view.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

The three top earners there are Pepe 100k, A. Ramsey 92k and Schmeichel 67k. It drops off a cliff then to 30k. 

Even if he was on loan we’d have to pay half his wages. 

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

That squad sounds like a horror show tbf, at least from a manager’s point of view.

Agreed, looks awful. It's not cheap thou I imagine.

Just now, burchy said:

The three top earners there are Pepe 100k, A. Ramsey 92k and Schmeichel 67k. It drops off a cliff then to 30k. 

Even if he was on loan we’d have to pay half his wages. 

Not gonna find a club in Europe that's going to pay what we are paying him.

12 minutes ago, sne said:

True, but Digne is 29 and still a top PL left back. He won't want to take a wage cut and move to Nice. It feels like one of those "we'll take on Loan" type links. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

True, but Digne is 29 and still a top PL left back. He won't want to take a wage cut and move to Nice. It feels like one of those "we'll take on Loan" type links. 

I'd keep him then, if we get into Europe he'll be useful to have in the squad for rotation.

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Wouldn’t make sense to send him on loan to Nice while paying 2/3 of his wages. He’s still a good enough player so seems stupid to pay lots of money just to get rid.