Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We are interested but have also sent scouts and also regular visitors..

Doesnt make sense

I think you misunderstood mate.

To me that reads as " Aston Villa are amongst the regular visitors from the Premier League " to the club.

Sounds more like we send scouts there regularly,  as well as other PL clubs.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

26 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Centre back we have Konsa and Mings plus the unlucky Carlos so I think we can afford a 4th in the squad to replace Chambers.  I'd trust Emery to get what he feels he needs.

Right back we could do with an equivalent to Moreno as even if Ash plays on we could phase him out next season.  Cash is good but needs competition.

Left back I agree.

Olsen I'm 'meh' about.  Happy to see him replaced on the cheap but don't expect a great keeper wanting to play backup anyway.

We need one top quality winger for sure and where I'd concentrate most of our effort.  Guendouzi I'd be very happy with in central midfield but suddenly we seem quite well off there.

I'm most intrigued by what Emery does with the youth players if we qualify for Europe.  Hopefully it might accelerate the development of 4 or 5 of them.

Why are we selling Chambers when he appears to be third choice for the double pivot? He is also a good passer for a centre back.

On the right back What are you doing with KKH? If you sign a right back you can't keep Cash and Young.

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

On the right back What are you doing with KKH? If you sign a right back you can't keep Cash and Young.

has KKH even made a bench appearance since returning? Think that has to be a priority depending on what we do with Young. 

12 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

has KKH even made a bench appearance since returning? Think that has to be a priority depending on what we do with Young. 

I'm just making the point, 3 players doesn't go into two and adding a 4th doesn't go into two.

People can suggest what they like but it should make sense.

If you want to send KKH out on loan and want to release Young in the summer that is a legitimate POV.

For what its worth I would go for Liveramento if Southampton go down sending KKH out on loan and releasing Young or just letting him stick around and fill any gaps there may be as he has lots to teach the rest of the players and he probably isn't paid a huge wage.

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Why are we selling Chambers when he appears to be third choice for the double pivot? He is also a good passer for a centre back.

We have space for 5 or 6 over 21s in our squad without selling anyone. It's safe to say that we will be buying at least 2 or 3 players in the summer who will all be pushing to be in the starting line up.

Question marks over hause and sanson, possibly be sold if the right offer comes in for them. Young I can't see having another season, he may however stay at the club in some capacity. Will we offload phil coutihno ? Digne will he be happy to play 2nd fiddle ? Question marks over bertie and Bailey?  Donker not being picked when kamara is out ?  Olsen ?

There is plenty of scope to buy 3 top quality players and not have too many players.

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

We have space for 5 or 6 over 21s in our squad without selling anyone. It's safe to say that we will be buying at least 2 or 3 players in the summer who will all be pushing to be in the starting line up.

Question marks over hause and sanson, possibly be sold if the right offer comes in for them. Young I can't see having another season, he may however stay at the club in some capacity. Will we offload phil coutihno ? Digne will he be happy to play 2nd fiddle ? Question marks over bertie and Bailey?  Donker not being picked when kamara is out ?  Olsen ?

There is plenty of scope to buy 3 top quality players and not have too many players.

We have to pay for them, we don't have endless money, especially with new FFP wage rules coming in.

Just now, paul514 said:

We have to pay for them, we don't have endless money, especially with new FFP wage rules coming in.

Which is why I listed several players who may not fit into next seasons squad and move on. 2 of them being our biggest earners in phil and digne.

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Which is why I listed several players who may not fit into next seasons squad and move on. 2 of them being our biggest earners in phil and digne.

Alright well, lets see if people want those players on wages those players will accept

Just now, paul514 said:

Alright well, lets see if people want those players on wages those players will accept

Obviously,  thats how players move clubs.

The amount of money floating around the Premier league from even the poorest clubs is immense, there will always be a west ham or Everton type club who would pay that money.

The oil nations are spunking money on wages, Ronaldo is easily the world's highest paid player there is repeated noise one wants phil.  I can see that happening as after the world Cup they want a few more famous names playing out there.

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

For what its worth I would go for Liveramento if Southampton go down sending KKH out on loan and releasing Young or just letting him stick around and fill any gaps there may be as he has lots to teach the rest of the players and he probably isn't paid a huge wage.

He's not played in a year since his knee blew up. Looked good before it went.

27 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's not played in a year since his knee blew up. Looked good before it went.

I know, but he is a class player so the opportunity will be too good to pass if they go down for me.

Then again I wanted him when he was leaving Chelsea.

Just now, paul514 said:

I know, but he is a class player so the opportunity will be too good to pass if they go down for me.

Then again I wanted him when he was leaving Chelsea.

Would have been tough, he wanted to play immediately. Only reason he left Chelsea.

If he comes back the same player, he'd be a good addition. I wouldn't go after a right back though.

17 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why? He hasn't played since ACL injury in April 22

Because he was a top top young player before the injury, I have no evidence to suggest otherwise post injury, just as we have no reason to think otherwise for Carlos.

30 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Because he was a top top young player before the injury, I have no evidence to suggest otherwise post injury, just as we have no reason to think otherwise for Carlos.

1 goal 1 assist in 2200 mins season with Southampton and you want the club to take a risk on him not being crocked after ACL. No chance Villa takes that risk

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

1 goal 1 assist in 2200 mins season with Southampton and you want the club to take a risk on him not being crocked after ACL. No chance Villa takes that risk

He's 20...  He'll come back from an ACL injury.  He was flying last season for Southampton and is a good player who will attract a lot of interest from other Premier League clubs if Southampton go down.  I don't think he's a good fit for Emery's system, though.  I still think Wan-Bissaka should be the primary RB target for us this summer because he is the arguably one of the best 1v1 defenders in the Premier League and will be available because he doesn't fit into Erik ten Hag's system.  

5 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Obviously,  thats how players move clubs.

The amount of money floating around the Premier league from even the poorest clubs is immense, there will always be a west ham or Everton type club who would pay that money.

The oil nations are spunking money on wages, Ronaldo is easily the world's highest paid player there is repeated noise one wants phil.  I can see that happening as after the world Cup they want a few more famous names playing out there.

Stevie G to an oil nation and  Phil his first signing for £50m. 

• Haha 1