Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Posted (edited)

You can tell that his journey to professional football has been remarkable considering the life he has had..

He has a lot to learn but probably has been dealing with internal things that has spanned before football..

He is a liability despite all of this and our approach should just be open.

Whether it is to give him therapy and allow him to grow into the man that will ultimately aid his football career.. or we cut him loose.. we need to be open.

But whether we like it or not he is part of our history now.. his two goals got us UCL football for next season.. He is a big talent..

Edited by Reivax_Villa

The player's representative, Jonathan Herrera, in an interview with El VBar Caracol, clarified the situation of the 20-year-old striker

"He is a player who has a contract with Aston Villa, he ended up doing things very well and the master counts on him, it is a club that having gotten into the Champions League is a great opportunity, but we know that he wants to play, he wants to go out to play, let's see. Now the market is opening, the club is seeing some options and so are we."

Asked about Chelsea: "Interest has always existed. The fact that Pochettino continues or leaves the club (it should not affect), the one who wants it in the end is the club. He is a player who changes coach or not, it is something that we will see what happens, but there has always been an interest. Let's see what management can be given to him and that Aston Villa is ready."

4 hours ago, TRO said:

I am genuinely staggered....just as he was getting it right......maybe good for us.

Stupid club with a stupid owner.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

It depends whether Duran was a signing pushed by the club or pochettino. 

from what i can gather, it's one of the reasons Poch is going.....no control over transfers.

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

As South American agent interviews go...that's not too bad.

This sounds like a Vidagany gig. Sitting down with daft Jhon and his daft agent and saying sorry...this current squad role is perfect for you. You can't handle leading the line yet because of this and this and this and this. And Watkins does all of it, even if you're probably a better goalscorer. Do you understand? But you know, say it in a nice way.

If they disagree, we can probably find a good move financially for Villa. And Duran's career success will become a coinflip instead of a sure thing.

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

As South American agent interviews go...that's not too bad.

This sounds like a Vidagany gig. Sitting down with daft Jhon and his daft agent and saying sorry...this current squad role is perfect for you. You can't handle leading the line yet because of this and this and this and this. And Watkins does all of it, even if you're probably a better goalscorer. Do you understand? But you know, say it in a nice way.

If they disagree, we can probably find a good move financially for Villa. And Duran's career success will become a coinflip instead of a sure thing.

Worth a try… and great shout on Vidagany, is he the kind of kid and player who benefits from the “around the shoulder” approach? Hope so.. but I bet we’ve already tried this, multiple times…

I would love it to work out, for him to stick with us, I’ve liked him ever since he arrived (an actual character and personality, entertaining, seems good hearted)… maybe he needs a better support group?

Can we bring his family over? As Dougie has with his? Do everything possible to help him settle and be comfortable.

He’s young and has so much to offer, the potential is obviously there. I want his future to be with us but things aren’t always that simple.

-

I do wonder about a couple of things…

What exactly did John mean by: “come on big man, have some respect”?

and… hardly anyone seems to celebrate with him or he doesn’t seem close with any/many players…

the one guy he regularly seemed to chat and have a laugh with was Zaniolo and now he’s off…

wonder if Bailey has tried to mentor or help him (looks like it)… I think big Emi would be ideal for that. Obviously hard to see what’s actually going on and how things are behind the scenes.

We’ve also signed another young Colombian so maybe they can strike a friendship and help each other out…

He’s a young kid coming from a different country and culture, I do have sympathy for him… but he’s got to see the big picture and appreciate the club that’s given him this big opportunity… patience lad, work hard, listen and bide your time…he’s lucky to play for us and learn from an elite coach & manager in Unai. Don’t waste or reject such a wonderful experience…

13 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Why do people think the managers sign players at Chelsea? Duran is still just as likely to go there as before if they want him.

Pretty much this.  Players of Duran's age grew up with Chelsea being one of the very best teams in the world for a long time, it's why the like of Caicedo went there instead of Liverpool.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Pretty much this.  Players of Duran's age grew up with Chelsea being one of the very best teams in the world for a long time, it's why the like of Caicedo went there instead of Liverpool.

Agent has basically said the same it seems.

Â