Horse Racing: Jumps

Kingman

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Withdrawn from the Gold Cup with injury.

Also yesterday Willie Mullins has retired the racing career of mare Vroum Vroum Mag.

Mullins is dodgy for sure. I'll never forget that Annie Power debacle that saved the bookies millions. How many great horses has he hadin recent history that have just disappeared off the scene for one reason or another. Too many to be a coincidence, for me. 

9 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Mullins is dodgy for sure. I'll never forget that Annie Power debacle that saved the bookies millions. How many great horses has he hadin recent history that have just disappeared off the scene for one reason or another. Too many to be a coincidence, for me. 

In what way and Any in particular?

As a whole horse racing has a very murky underworld and the more deeper you delve into the underhand tactics the more it makes you aware or equally puts you off, rising above that I think it is vital to play the game alongside this.. ala Annie Power saving the bookies a £50m payout...

Paddy Brennan crashing off Cue Card in the gold cup.

If you can spot the corruption on the horizon then it's easier to avoid. Take day one this year.. 4 hot short priced favourites that only pays 14/1 on all 4 winning... Bouvuoir D'Air / Apples Jade might be hot horses and very much fancied to win.. but they are only a fence crash away from saving the bookies once again..

For me.. anything chalked up at 3/1or less in certain races I will be avoiding, because for me not only is it's not worth it and no real value but B, not worth the risk of a big money flutter when so much value is to be had elsewhere while C, anything can happen at Cheltenham.

For instance.. on his day Faugheen would blow Bevuier De'Air away and I have a sneaky suspision Faugheen the machine could be back to his menacing best.

Faugheen, Vroum Vroum Mag, Douvan, Vautor are just a few of the great horses they had that have gone off the boil. There's more that I can't think of right now that looked like world beaters but then went off the boil. 

For the record, there's one Mullins horse that I really like the look of but only if it runs in the 2m 1f County Hurdle and that's Sandsend. Through the formline of Kalashnikov's win in the Betfair Hurdle, Sandsend looks to have a great chance at the weights although, if he gets in, Elliott's Duca De Thaix is about 16lb better off at the weights for their last run so he would run him close. They are currently around 16/1 and 20/1 respectively. 

18 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Faugheen, Vroum Vroum Mag, Douvan, Vautor are just a few of the great horses they had that have gone off the boil. There's more that I can't think of right now that looked like world beaters but then went off the boil.

Faugheen and Douvan return this season and cannot be written off imo. (Remember Sprinter Sacre)

Vroum Vroum Mag I never rated but rather her be retired than a serious breakdown during racing, they knew something is not right with her and have done the right thing.

Vautour sadly died while at home due to a very freak and sad accident that resulted in her being put down instantly following a leg break.

3 other top horses in this Rich Ricci group are Annie Power (retired and gone to stud) and Long Dog whole sadly died in racing at the 2016 Festival and then theres Djakadam who keeps knocking that Gold Cup door!

It will be interesting to see if this new Wave of Mullins/Ricci horses which include Min, Max Dynamite, Children's List (now running in Grand National), Getabird, Let's Dance and Brahma Bull are as powerful as the old group.. 

That is just one owners horses though.

I do agree, Sandsend looks a tasty E/W prospect as does Brahma Bull.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

On 3/9/2018 at 23:10, villarocker said:

For me, Native River is the certainty of the week 

The problem is that he needs a tough, grand national style, of race. If the ground goes heavy then he'll have a big chance but normally the gold cup isn't run hard. It's run at a steady pace and then the class horses with a turn of foot put the pace on closer to home. I don't think native river has that extra gear. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

On 07/03/2018 at 12:12, choffer said:

I'm going on Tuesday. Only my second time ever to the races. No doubt I'll return with empty pockets.

My token selections for Tuesday (with current odds):

1:30 - Summerville Boy 10/1

2:50 - Beware The Bear 14/1; Singlefarmpayment 6/1

4:50 - Mossback 6/1; Impulsive Star 25/1

5:30 - Barney Dwan 8/1; Ibis Du Rheu 20/1

I've left out the three races with short priced favs, though I may have a treble on them (Footpad/Buveur/Apples Jade) with a free bet I've got due.

Cards can be seen here: At The Races Cheltenham Megasite

For guideline compliance:

Cheltenham Tuesday 13th March 2018

Going: Soft-heavy in places

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

Loads of bookie offers around as usual:

Skybet - money back as freebet (up to £20) if your horse loses on first race of each day

Coral - money back as freebet (up to £25) if your horse loses Supreme Novices Hurdle (1st race of festival, 1330 Tues)

Ladbrokes - double winnings as free bet up to £50 on Supreme Novices Hurdle (1st race of festival, 1330 Tues)

William Hill - double winnings as cash up to £100 on Supreme Novices Hurdle (1st race of festival, 1330 Tues)

Betway - money back as freebet (up to £10) if your horse loses on first and last races of each day

Paddypower - money back as freebet (up to £10) if lose to SP favourite all races on day 1

Usual Bet365 4/1, Betfair 3/1 offers as well.

• Like 2

There's some decent big price horses with E/W chances who will like soft ground on Tuesday.

I'll definitely be using combos of these in E/W perms. .

1.30      Slatehouse 25/1    

2.50      Vicente 16/1  Yala Enki 16/1

3.30      Elgin 20/1

4.50     Reigning Supreme 25/1

5.30     Rocklander 16/1  Le Rocher 25/1

On 08/03/2018 at 23:39, AvfcRigo82 said:

If you can spot the corruption on the horizon then it's easier to avoid. Take day one this year.. 4 hot short priced favourites that only pays 14/1 on all 4 winning... Bouvuoir D'Air / Apples Jade might be hot horses and very much fancied to win.. but they are only a fence crash away from saving the bookies once again..

I think Footpad will be the one to screw that acca this year . I can see Saint Calvados causing an upset.

• Like 1

Cheltenham
2018-03-13 - Cheltenham
Updated - March 12th 2018, 8:04:09 am

Heavy soft, in places.

WEATHER
8 minutes ago Mar 12 - 08:04:09
Cheltenham
2018-03-13 - Cheltenham
Updated - March 12th 2018, 8:04:09 am

10mm overnight with further rain anticipated through the day (3 to 4mm) . Tuesday mostly dry, temps 10/11C 

On 09/03/2018 at 10:36, Brumerican said:

First bet done . £20 on First Flow to win in the first race . £300 if he wins or money back as a free bet with Skybet .

Odd's have almost halved since placing this. 

15 hours ago, andym said:

Loads of bookie offers around as usual:

Skybet - money back as freebet (up to £20) if your horse loses on first race of each day

Coral - money back as freebet (up to £25) if your horse loses Supreme Novices Hurdle (1st race of festival, 1330 Tues)

Ladbrokes - double winnings as free bet up to £50 on Supreme Novices Hurdle (1st race of festival, 1330 Tues)

William Hill - double winnings as cash up to £100 on Supreme Novices Hurdle (1st race of festival, 1330 Tues)

Betway - money back as freebet (up to £10) if your horse loses on first and last races of each day

Paddypower - money back as freebet (up to £10) if lose to SP favourite all races on day 1

Usual Bet365 4/1, Betfair 3/1 offers as well.

Best (easiest) site for a noob?

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Odd's have almost halved since placing this. 

Most likely because of the going mate, it's Only ever won on soft/heavy so gets it's ground. 

Stratford up the road has been abandoned today because of the ground, One thing for sure it will be absolutely bottomless ground and will be numourous N/R's and potentially some hefty R4's applied so I will be waiting till tomorrow before parting with the cash.

Edited by Kingman

28 minutes ago, choffer said:

Best (easiest) site for a noob?

I'm not sure I'd worry about the easiest - there's something amiss with most bookies' sites. I can't speak for their apps, though - there may be some good ones out there.

Probably best to look for a nice sign up/new customer offer which you can see here at oddschecker:

Free Bets And Sign Up Offers / Special Offers

The free bets are their standrd new customer terms.The Special Offers tab shows what some of the bookies are offering now for new customers including things like:

Coral: 50/1 Buveur D'Air to win Champion Hurdle

New customers only. Mid deposit £5. Max bet £1. Winnings paid in free bets... Free bets valid for 4 days...

Edit: watch out for any wagering requirements on sign up bonuses!

Largely stick to high street names so you're less likely to have to go through too much rigmarole to get your money out if/when you win - though that can still happen.

Edited by snowychap

Â