Horse Racing: Jumps

Kingman

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Donna's Diamond was a decent price, the others not so. 

True enough. Would have been a nice touch had Cliffs came home. Never mind though, can't win em all.

Fancied doing a wee double later tonight at Kempton - Lucymai 7.15 (3/1) & Lucky Escape 8.15 (5/4)  the double pays 8/1 but had the streak of luck for today and going to oppose doing it now.

Blaklion should come on for his run and go well in the national this year.  :thumb:

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He should do well, but it really is an open race. Wouldn't surprise me if a 40/1 win it. 

Yeah.. Mon Mome showed it can be done at 100/1

Not backed the winner for 10 years now. Comply or Die in 2008.  Anyones race but I still love it.

How long you been in the betting game then Ruge?

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yeah.. Mon Mome showed it can be done at 100/1

Not backed the winner for 10 years now. Comply or Die in 2008.  Anyones race but I still love it.

How long you been in the betting game then Ruge?

Ballabriggs was my last winner in the national. I've been a casual better since I was 18, but I'd say the last 8 years I've really got into it. Never spend daft money on it though. Try to keep it as fun as possible. If I feel like it's becoming a problem, which it sometimes does, then I get out of it for a few weeks. 

14 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Ballabriggs was my last winner in the national. I've been a casual better since I was 18, but I'd say the last 8 years I've really got into it. Never spend daft money on it though. Try to keep it as fun as possible. If I feel like it's becoming a problem, which it sometimes does, then I get out of it for a few weeks. 

Cool.  Just horses or other areas like dogs, football etc?

I like it as a sport and not just the betting aspect which can help step away when things get heavy at times.

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Cool.  Just horses or other areas like dogs, football etc?

I like it as a sport and not just the betting aspect which can help step away when things get heavy at times.

Football and horses, that's all I bet on. I can watch the horses, even when I'm not betting on them, as I enjoy it. It's great just sitting back and trying to pick a winner when you've got no cash on it. As I said before, I pick more winners when I'm not betting :)

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, choffer said:

I'm going on Tuesday. Only my second time ever to the races. No doubt I'll return with empty pockets.

Getabird and footpad are two strong favourites for the first two races on Tuesday. Watch out for any second now too, laid out especially for Cheltenham. And apples jade is alot of people's nap of the whole festival. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, choffer said:

I'm going on Tuesday. Only my second time ever to the races. No doubt I'll return with empty pockets.

Do it online before you go . You'll probably get better value and you can make sure you're involved in every race before  you go bankrupt trackside.

• Like 1

Â