Horse Racing: Jumps

Kingman

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Getabird and footpad are two strong favourites for the first two races on Tuesday. Watch out for any second now too, laid out especially for Cheltenham. And apples jade is alot of people's nap of the whole festival. 

I'll be backing Jade if she appeared in panto.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa89 said:

It's going to be an interesting Cheltenham that's for sure. I have a feeling it could be a year for the bookies, the Gold Cup is wide open.

I'll be sticking to my go big approach so I'll stay away from anything under 10's.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

We're going to have to rely upon your tips this year. :)

Ouch for everyone then.

I've only watched 3 races all season . 

All from Ireland , All won by Apples. ( She beat Supasundae, Nichols Canyon and Jers Girl!)

Just a shame Coops is no longer on her back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Is Cooper working for anyone at all or just doing the rounds ?

It's only been recently so I think he maybe doing the rounds. 

Not sure if you knew the full extent of that injury but he was lucky to keep the leg, 

Lost his bottle like a lot of sports people after a nasty injury (understandably) and nevet been the same since. 

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

It's only been recently so I think he maybe doing the rounds. 

Not sure if you knew the full extent of that injury but he was lucky to keep the leg, 

Lost his bottle like a lot of sports people after a nasty injury (understandably) and nevet been the same since. 

I knew about the injury and the going into his shell but I didn't realise he'd been sacked off by another yard .

He has raced recently it seems and he's young . Maybe McCoy can have a word in his ear.

2 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I knew about the injury and the going into his shell but I didn't realise he'd been sacked off by another yard .

He has raced recently it seems and he's young . Maybe McCoy can have a word in his ear.

With an injury like that I think it would leave more of a psychological impact damage than physical. 

Voices in the head, flash backs at fences, pulling out of 50/50's not taking the chance running up the inside. 

Hope he comes back from it but like I say mentally over healing seems to be the problem.

22 hours ago, villa89 said:

It's going to be an interesting Cheltenham that's for sure. I have a feeling it could be a year for the bookies, the Gold Cup is wide open.

A very interesting Cheltenham indeed.

It could be a year for the bookies but in my opinion it's also a great opportunity for the shrewd clever E/W punter.

I have a few shortlisted already at big prices and I expect some prices to change slightly but overall I will be waiting until each day before any further bets are placed this year as to see what the going will be and what race some finally run in having been entered in multiple races in some cases.

I cannot wait!

12 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Yup. It's been a tough year for young BJ.:(

Sleepy Cooper will be there or thereabouts in races. It's just catching him on the right ones, he is due a decent festival and I have a feeling being a freelance like Davy Russell he will grab some good rides this year and will make the frame in some crucial races.

• Like 1

Â