World Cup: Matches

Genie

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

I gave you the dates. Name one tournament that Germany won with flair throughout.

No.... You're trying to compare Germany of the past to England of now. Give over ffs. Italia 90 they were amazing but unfortunately played against a horrendous Argie side in the final. Literally the bollocks with Klinnsmann and Voller. Mattheus in midfield. That side was superb. 

Just now, avfc1982am said:

No.... You're trying to compare Germany of the past to England of now. Give over ffs. Italia 90 they were amazing but unfortunately played against a horrendous Argie side in the final. Literally the bollocks with Klinnsmann and Voller. Mattheus in midfield. That side was superb. 

Germany 1990 were class. You don’t see enough of those thunderbastard goals these days that Matthaus and Brehme scored during that World Cup. Real “ get the **** out of my way “ kinda goals. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Italia 1990 England were amazing but unfortunately played against a cynical German side that eschewed emotion for a grinding semi-final win on penalties. Literally the bollocks with Lineker and Gascoigne. Shilton in goal. That side was outdone by pragmatists.

2 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Italia 1990 England were amazing but unfortunately played against a cynical German side that eschewed emotion for a grinding semi-final win on penalties. Literally the bollocks with Lineker and Gascoigne. Shilton in goal. That side was outdone by pragmatists.

yet West Germany scored 15 goals to Englands 8 in that World Cup with England getting 2 of the 8 goals in Extra Time and played in a group that was so dull FIFA introduced the back pass rule

16 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Settle down. Didn’t even get to Russia. Anything from here is bonus territory. He’s done fine. 

It's just more of the same, Bob Bradley plucky MLS tactics, while USMNT has legitimate top of Euro Competition talent on its roster for the first time ever.

Feels stifled by Berhalter.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yet West Germany scored 15 goals to Englands 8 in that World Cup with England getting 2 of the 8 goals in Extra Time and played in a group that was so dull FIFA introduced the back pass rule

Not quite as impressive as Versailles & Potsdam, but a good way to make goalkeepers earn a wage.

4 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

It's just more of the same, Bob Bradley plucky MLS tactics, while USMNT has legitimate top of Euro Competition talent on its roster for the first time ever.

I think USA overrate a lot of the players, they have a decent team but are starting players like Josh Sargent and Tim Ream who are way out of the depth in the Premier League. Dest has been poor in Milan and Pulisic has been anonymous really at Chelsea since his debut season. Weah also seems to be not doing much at Lille

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Cynical, or just better in the bigger moments? As @Zatman said Germany were by far one of the most attacking sides in that tournament. Far better than England. 

I don't even understand why anyone would compare past German tournament winning teams to this England team. That's crazy. Let's reconvene when England get knocked out this tournament through the use of German pragmatism.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Cynical, or just better in the bigger moments? As @Zatman said Germany were by far one of the most attacking sides in that tournament. Far better than England. 

I don't even understand why anyone would compare past German tournament winning teams to this England team. That's crazy. Let's reconvene when England get knocked out this tournament through the use of German pragmatism.  

Totally illogical. The premise is how to win tournaments through pragmatism, not how to get knocked out yet again by Germany. In fact, Southgate was the 1st England manager to defeat Germany in a tournament since 1966, at the Euros last year.

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think USA overrate a lot of the players, they have a decent team but are starting players like Josh Sargent and Tim Ream who are way out of the depth in the Premier League. Dest has been poor in Milan and Pulisic has been anonymous really at Chelsea since his debut season. Weah also seems to be not doing much at Lille

Obviously not American. Overrating things, even overrating overrating things, is our very essence. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

I really enjoy watching US play. I can certainly see them giving the Dutch a very tough battle given Ecuador comfortably held them to a draw and US have similar style and better forward players.

Problem is once they take off their european players the quality really does drop a level with the MLS lot being put on, that Wright guy upfront was hopeless so that's the trouble know US are in knock outs, other teams can win games with their subs, the US can lose with the ones they tend to bring on.