Villa Players @ The World Cup

Kingman

Veretout and Gana made the squads and Ayew and Grealish probably will too. Not sure if Guzan has retired

but we could as many players from our relegation season going to the World Cup than our current team {I dont count Richards on commentary}

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

Kamara and Digne are missing out. Sorry for our players who are not going to the World Cup Finals, but selfishly thrilled for our club.

Has this been confirmed? 

Villa players not making the World Cup is a mixed blessing. Good from a training and injury point of view. Not so good from a club and player point of view where everyone can "showcase" their talents and demonstrate their quality.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Villa players not making the World Cup is a mixed blessing. Good from a training and injury point of view. Not so good from a club and player point of view where everyone can "showcase" their talents and demonstrate their quality.

What?

and then get cherry picked by Man City when they prove themselves to be pretty good or popular to fans?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

and then get cherry picked by Man City when they prove themselves to be pretty good or popular to fans?

And you think Man City are not aware of who is pretty good or popular? At least the player's value to Villa increases if they do well at the World Cup. I don't think Villa Park should be seen as a graveyard for international careers. But that's just me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

I'd loathe for this to be the World Cup that England win, whilst in that pisshole of a country, in the one World Cup that everyone knows is based on corruption, bribery, blackmail, robbery and hijinks... with the majority of the national squad first team being benchwarmers for Man City, because they werent good enough for a starting spot playing for *just* Aston Villa, Leeds et al.

I support everyone but England in this World Cup...

I want Southgate to get humiliated...

and I would like Grealish to be the one to make the catastrophic error that costs us...
and for the country to turn on him like they turned on Beckham, Southgate etc etc etc...

It would be my preference for all of those things to fall into place...

But I am watching none of it...

You’re a petty, petty man @DJ_Villain and I 100% agree with you and feel the same! 😉

Honestly never gave a toss about the National side, another means of favouring the “top six” sides and their players, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fruitvilla said:

And you think Man City are not aware of who is pretty good or popular? At least the player's value to Villa increases if they do well at the World Cup. I don't think Villa Park should be seen as a graveyard for international careers. But that's just me.

Me neither…

but since the shifty Sheikhs took over, players international careers (particularly England) have been the graveyard of players playing at Villa Park…

and frankly, I’d rather Aston Villa be successful than any other club or nation…

Id rather be celebrating with Villa fans about the successes of Villa players,

rather than cheering on “Sky 6” players with “Sky 6” fans in England disguises…

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

You’re a petty, petty man @DJ_Villain and I 100% agree with you and feel the same! 😉

Honestly never gave a toss about the National side, another means of favouring the “top six” sides and their players, in my opinion. 

I’ve been called worse…

Bottom line is, I’m a Villa fan, not a football fan…

If there are no Villa players in the England squad, I have nothing in the England squad to support as there is nothing in there representing our great club…

There used to be… in fact, we have produced more England internationals than a lot of clubs in the country… it’s either us or Spurs who have produced the most (I could be wrong, that was a couple of years ago)…

But Mr Southgate loathes allowing Villa players in the starting lineup…

They don’t play in the Champions League you see… which means they aren’t allowed to start… even if their form is really good…

because having good recent form against world class domestic opposition isn’t relevant when you’ve had poor form against Slovenias finest in the Champions League group stages…

1 hour ago, fruitvilla said:

Southgate wont be picking any of our players anyway, Young was on the shortlist 'allegedly' but Mings and Watkins wont be on the plane. They cant play Right Back.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

I think it's amazing that our players haven't been picked.

Everyone will be fresh after the long break and programmed into Unai's system.

This is great news.

Gerrard's parting gift. A squad so out of form and favour, that they all get a month off. Thanks Stevie :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

I think it's amazing that our players haven't been picked.

Everyone will be fresh after the long break and programmed into Unai's system.

This is great news.

or maybe certain players look at players that get to play at the WC just because they play for a big club and look for a move. i think we should hold off on popping the champagne corks personally

grealish a classic example. barely got a look in despite tearing teams apart for us

moves to city, does nothing, walks into every squad

maguire another example. both mings and konsa get into that utd team...they could move there and be guaranteed a call up

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Veretout and Gana made the squads and Ayew and Grealish probably will too. Not sure if Guzan has retired

but we could as many players from our relegation season going to the World Cup than our current team {I dont count Richards on commentary}

Guzan is still playing for MLS side, Atlanta United. Who have the highest average attendances in the league of over 47,000. More than us. For now.

On 27/10/2022 at 03:30, Xela said:

We all know Mings is a principled guy. I wonder if his removal from the England squad might be down to the fact he didn't want to play in Qatar? 

There has been no real explanation about his fall from the England squad. He was ahead of Coady and others and now is basically ignored. 

Its because he would not look Southgate in the eye

Â