Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think he was right to rest a few tonight. I'd have preferred if the new lads had actually performed and we didn't need McGinn and Bailey, but it wasn't to be. If we weren't going to win it then it was important not to lose, and we didn't. 

7 hours ago, duke313 said:

I wish someone would update his wiki page, it's annoying me the picture is him with Arsenal.

Be the catalyst, you can be the one to do it.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Don't really blame him too much for today. He's been completely hamstrung by injuries and players losing their heads.

Again I don’t buy it. He has a complement of players on the bench and we started plenty of matches with Zaniolo on the left. 

Set the team up to be ineffective in possession and as a result, we are ineffective. 

Our entire m.o. for the past year has been about being in control of matches. It's what's brought us this massive improvement in performance and results. The last few games it feels like this approach has gone in the bin.

Pass it round the defence for a bit then launch it. Midfield is being totally bypassed.

Why have we stopped doing what's made us competitive?

I know losing Kamara is big deal but we have options. McGinn and Dougie in the middle still gives us that solid midfield but we don't seem to want to persist with it.

We've gone from being calm and in control to rash and inconsistent both on and off the pitch.

Edited by jimmygreaves
  • Like 1

Got it completely and utterly wrong

The home form has fallen off a cliff

3 conceded at home to Newcastle, 2 to Man U, 2 to Forest, 4 (and counting) today

I don’t get the logic of our setup. They’re good but we’ve been better over the season. We handed them the momentum and sent the wrong message. 

Even more baffling to play so passively in Amsterdam only to do this.

first very  poor for Emery for me 

Moving half the team about in a different system to try and stop Spurs is silly. We are at home and have won 4 out of the last 5, keep doing what we are doing. Cash RM has been a disaster every time and yet we keep rolling it out every x amount of games and expect something different. 

Rock bottom feeling today, let's see what he is made of from next game onwards. We might be in UCL but if we can get a decent run in the cup and another Europe conference league place may not be the worse

I know he won't blame injuries but he has every right to tbh. Being without Ramsey today was crucial and just the whole season we've had horrendous injuries.

Â