Unai Emery

PeterSw

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Being called entitled for being unhappy that we've been shit for 9 games is a new one to me.

Are we meant to just pretend we're playing really well?

Exactly like the Gerrard fiends celebrating being shit for months because we were 7th across an arbitrary number of games.

Best to just call things like you see them. Laugh at people who don't know what's going on and like to be loud about it.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Being called entitled for being unhappy that we've been shit for 9 games is a new one to me.

Are we meant to just pretend we're playing really well?

I can't wait to be called entitled. It means expectations have risen and we might actually be competing at a high level.

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not entitled for fans to moan about a run of poor performances. 

We are having an amazing season, but we have been shit for 9 games now. 9 and a half really.

That's not ok. People just don't want an incredible first half of the season to be wasted by a collapse in form

I think the only reasonable explanation for frustration is this may have been our only real chance of getting champions league and we may now not make it. 

But the only reason we even got to that opportunity in tne first place is Emery. So criticism of him is insane. Yes he's made mistake recently. He is also a human.

15 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

What sort of comment is that, "deal with it"? 

Do you have that attitude whenever we lose?? Okay it's not the end of the world, but some take there football a little more serious. We made it to top 4 through playing great football, hard graft, a winning against the best. Why would we not be bothered we are now dropping out of it, an all that great entertaining football has gone missing.

Sorry, but if you don’t know that almost all football teams go through spells of less good form from time to time, you are going to have a bad time supporting any club.

The key point for me is if you support a club you go on supporting them even if they are not doing well. Not turn on them after a few matches and start calling them “shit”.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think the only reasonable explanation for frustration is this may have been our only real chance of getting champions league and we may now not make it. 

But the only reason we even got to that opportunity in tne first place is Emery. So criticism of him is insane. Yes he's made mistake recently. He is also a human.

But nobody is really criticising him.

They might be pointing out things they think he did wrong in recent games, but that's allowed isn't it? You said yourself he's made mistakes/

Nobody is criticising him as a manager. Everyone loves him. If people were calling for his head then you'd have a point, but nobody is. 

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But nobody is really criticising him.

They might be pointing out things they think he did wrong in recent games, but that's allowed isn't it? You said yourself he's made mistakes/

Nobody is criticising him as a manager. Everyone loves him. If people were calling for his head then you'd have a point, but nobody is. 

I've seen it and heard it. Not on here but I have.

Shocking.

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Bit to pessimistic for me.

Your basically saying if we want league success, we will need a better manager??

Depends what your measure of league success is I suppose.

With the current FFP climate we're never realistically gonna break in. We can't compete financially.

7th to 5th and a good cup run would be pretty much as good as we'll get and can hope for imo.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I've seen it and heard it. Not on here but I have.

Shocking.

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't believe you

you will find stupid and idiotic views on twitter, its literally a cess pit, you could find every possible view you could imagine on that platform (and similar ones), regardless of how absolutely brain numbingly stupid the idea is.

there are probably a huge minority of twitter users who barely have the IQ to use their phone properly to post tweets.

its an excellent platform to show just how brain-dead large portions of society are tbf.

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I don't care? 🤣

Even if it was true, which I don't think it is, it's not what we were talking about.

Nobody is going to disagree that calls for Emery to be sacked would be absolutely insane. Completely batshit mental.

But nobody is doing that. Certainly not on here, which is what the discussion was aimed at.

If some window licker on X is calling for Emery's head then that's crazy, and entitled. But it's got no relevance to the discussion

19 hours ago, Spoony said:

Yup I agree that’s the case but that's so unfair on Emery. Definitely a victim of his own success. 

We had fans wanting MON sacked for daring to get more points each season. 

I've no doubt they'll turn on Unai at some point. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think the ‘worry’ (if there is one) is that Arsenal fans will be proven right… and let’s face it, we don’t want that. 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

I think the ‘worry’ (if there is one) is that Arsenal fans will be proven right… and let’s face it, we don’t want that. 

Different clubs

Different expectations

For Arsenal. Not finishing n the top 4 and not winning a trophy is failure. That isn't the case here.

Because of that he will be given time and be able to do his thing like he did at Villareal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Different clubs

Different expectations

For Arsenal. Not finishing n the top 4 and not winning a trophy is failure. That isn't the case here.

Because of that he will be given time and be able to do his thing like he did at Villareal.

I agree. Absolutely. Others won’t though and will still be thinking about those seeds which were planted by Arsenal fans. 

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Sorry, but if you don’t know that almost all football teams go through spells of less good form from time to time, you are going to have a bad time supporting any club.

The key point for me is if you support a club you go on supporting them even if they are not doing well. Not turn on them after a few matches and start calling them “shit”.

Your talking rubbish, like I have just started supporting a football club, I haven't turned on them or stopped supporting them.

Yes teams go through spells, don't mean we cannot criticise them, an don't mean we cannot be pissed off, it's part of being a fan. 

If we go on a 5-6 game loosing run, most fans are not just going to jusy say "ohh well it' just a spell", an keep stum, most will wonder where our football has gone, an most likely be pissed off.  I value your opinion, but you need to get real!

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I wanted rid of MON because I could see he was an outdated, limited egomaniac and could tell he would never get us higher than 6th despite (mis-)spending the family silver.  Unai is nothing like him.

• Like 4

I think Emery is pretty limited in options at the moment, and tactically that makes him more predictable.

If you’re an opposition coaching team doing your homework on Villa, it’s pretty obvious who’s going to be starting atm, and what the plan is going to be.

That would be different with another starting striker or winger, with Buendia available to cause mayhem in midfield, with Pau available to spring attacks from deep, and so on.

For that reason, I’m not sure much of the criticism is justified even though I completely agree we’ve dropped off badly in recent games.

• Like 2

Â