Unai Emery

PeterSw

9 minutes ago, Frodo said:

It's really only Barcelona if they come knocking for Emery that I would be worried, one of the biggest clubs on the planet & from that region I believe. 

No, Emery is Basque.

• Like 4

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

No, Emery is Basque.

Unai is Villa now it’s already seeped into his heart and soul he’ll take us with him forever and thst will hopefully be right to the top!!  NSWE will get a huge bill from the cabinet maker for trophy cabinets over the next few years!!

• Like 1

On 13/01/2024 at 21:46, Jas10 said:

Am I the only one worried about Unai’s eye? 😆 He’s had the problem for a while now… hopefully cleared up by now.

My wife says I’m the least observant man on the planet so it’s no real surprise that I haven’t noticed anything about Unai’s eye, I guess he doesn’t worry too much about looking Tyrone in the eye so it’s not a problem for him. 

I'm sure that with the break in games Unai would be in a bunker somewhere revising his tactics to break down a low block.

Just imagine how cool his tactical bunker that Nas built for him would be.

We probably spent the North Stand Development money on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villa Gaffa said:

Just imagine how cool his tactical bunker that Nas built for him would be.

We probably spent the North Stand Development money on it.

I'm not so sure it would cost a lot. He'd opt for a low key shed filled with odds and sods and create something special. A team style. 

Monchi - B.A.

Emery - Hannibal

Moreno - Face 

Martinez - Murdoch.

• Haha 3

Looks like he's giving a few of the young lads a chance. Love to see it and should be a good time for them to train with the first team, get a few minutes without overwhelming them into a starting position right away.

If they're good enough, they will earn their spot.

Much better to go about it this way than to keep plugging in non-improving veterans.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

I hope Liverpool don't look at Emery to replace Klopp.

I don’t think he’d go, he’s been at top clubs and he’s got everything he’s asked for here.  He essentially runs Villa and gets what he wants.  

On top of that, it’s arguable that we are a Top4 level team now.  

Liverpool is a massive draw and much bigger than us but as a job the job difference isn’t that much better than everything he has here, and given he’s been at top clubs before I don’t think he needs that to feel complete, Villa can give him what he wants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Far more worried about Barca or Real Madrid eventually coming in for Emery as that's a far bigger pull.

Dona Unai's style is heaven-made for international football. I'd be amazed if he's not being pencilled in as the future Spain manager. His record as a tournament manager, his side's patience and controlling of games. Perfect for international football. It's a reason why we've performed far better in europe than Newcastle and Man United. This Villa side plays a very international, european continental style of football.

The only thing that would stop him becoming an international manager is his love of the day to day work on the training field, working every single day with players.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

I’m sure Liverpool will take a look but I can’t see him as their coach, I think he’s too humble amongst other things so not a good fit.

As others have said, Unai has everything he wants at Villa and he’s been at “big clubs” before. I doubt he wants to get burnt again.

Â