Unai Emery

PeterSw

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think all fans are paranoid. I know of Arsenal and Liverpool fans that say the media is always against them too.  The media just chat shit all the time and controversy sells. Fans always fall for it.

100%

• Like 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I look at Emery with us the same as when Spurs had Poch.  He transformed Spurs into a club that could compete at the top, we are on a similar trajectory.  He was constantly linked with United during that time, but Spurs had the money and ambition to keep him, so do we with Emery.

Please, just the 1 trophy at least though

• Haha 1

A complete class act in every sense of the word, a truly elite manager and coach but also an exceptional person - pure class, dignity and humility. Wouldn’t swap him for ANYONE. No one out there compares imo. No ego or petulant personality here - a rare breed indeed.

We are so fortunate, what an incredible appointment.

Hope he is here for many, many years and seasons. Retire here Unai, Aston Villa is home.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

A complete class act in every sense of the word, a truly elite manager and coach but also an exceptional person - pure class, dignity and humility. Wouldn’t swap him for ANYONE. No one out there compares imo. No ego or petulant personality here - a rare breed indeed.

We are so fortunate, what an incredible appointment.

Hope he is here for many, many years and seasons. Retire here Unai, Aston Villa is home.

Nothing Compares 2 U(nai)

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I look at Emery with us the same as when Spurs had Poch.  He transformed Spurs into a club that could compete at the top, we are on a similar trajectory.  He was constantly linked with United during that time, but Spurs had the money and ambition to keep him, so do we with Emery.

Interesting comparisons. Reading through this thread, it seems many posters are thinking of Unai’s residency with Villa  in terms of Poch’s Southampton gig rather than his time at Spurs.

It suggests many don’t believe out improvement is really happening in a sustainable way. Understandable given the trauma of the past 20 years.

If Emery leaves for Man U, presumably we can just hire Poch when Chelsea sack him. 🙂

15 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Interesting comparisons. Reading through this thread, it seems many posters are thinking of Unai’s residency with Villa  in terms of Poch’s Southampton gig rather than his time at Spurs.

It suggests many don’t believe out improvement is really happening in a sustainable way. Understandable given the trauma of the past 20 years.

If Emery leaves for Man U, presumably we can just hire Poch when Chelsea sack him. 🙂

I hope not, Poch left Southampton at the first opportunity, and they sold their best players once they got a half decent offers.  

I could be wrong, but seems like we are building something here, something much closer to what Spurs done rather that what Southampton done.  

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

On the one hand, I'm sure there will be clubs eyeing up Unia, it's very obvious what an amazing job he's doing. Likewise De Zerbi. But in that article Carragher says he'll want to prove himself at Champions League level, implying that will be with another club, while at the same time saying we have a very good chance of making CL qualification ourselves. Doesn't seem to occur to him that that means Unai can just carry on the job here.

He has managed over 50 games with 4 different clubs already in the Champions League. He got to the semi final 18 months ago

Would say he has proven himself

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah but Man United were really good a decade ago and have a lot of fans, so of course he'll jump ship from the club where he's revered and has complete control to a club with even more toxicity at all levels and power struggles than post-Wenger Arsenal

Edited by wishywashy
  • Haha 1

On 24/10/2022 at 19:01, villarule123 said:

The biggest managerial appointment we've ever made.

If this doesn't progress us, then we really do have issues. 

I think I underestimated how good he would be for us! 

Â