Unai Emery

PeterSw

Could clearly hear him constantly shouting and giving instructions to individual players today… he does it every game but it was much more noticeable today. Must take a lot of energy 😂

I hope they realise how lucky they are, many will never have received this sort of education in their careers beforehand…

VP needs to make more noise, show more support and affection… it’s only going to help… too quiet at times today, for prolonged periods too.

• Like 2

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Could clearly hear him constantly shouting and giving instructions to individual players today… he does it every game but it was much more noticeable today. Must take a lot of energy 😂

I hope they realise how lucky they are, many will never have received this sort of education in their careers beforehand…

VP needs to make more noise, show more support and affection… it’s only going to help… too quiet at times today, for prolonged periods too.

TBF Jas, he absolutely lives for this shit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

"Cash, Cash, CAAASH!" in the first half was particularly audible after Cash hadn't got his head up to see Bailey was in 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

"Cash, Cash, CAAASH!" in the first half was particularly audible after Cash hadn't got his head up to see Bailey was in 

Cashy always gets it so badly :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not sure I've seen him this happy since he's been here.

I think Newcastle really worried and rubbed him the wrong way.

Possibly just relieved as well!

I know how he feels. As much as one win doesn't make you world beaters, one defeat doesn't make you rubbish.

But that result and the two injuries last week were a real kick in the teeth.

I was excited and nervous for the match today, just to see if my preseason optimism was justified after all.

Turns out it was. Thanks Unai.

• Like 1

I'm a naturally cautious villa fan, even when we're a few goals up I'm never usually at ease.

Under Unai though, I've got complete confidence in him and how he sets out our team, going into today's game I expected us to win comfortably and we did.

I've always liked Brian Little and John Gregory, some of my fav villa managers, but Unai is on a completely different level.

He has overseen a huge infrastructural change off the pitch and the style of play he has imparted on this team in such a short space of time is incredible.

An absolute don and a gentleman too.

Last week I mentioned that against Newcastles giants we were launching the ball in the box from set pieces which we always had no chance of winning. This week against Everton’s giants, we mixed up so well, playing a lot of set pieces short. Great management to notice. 

Quick handshake to Dyche and straight down the tunnel. Doesnt need to milk the attention like certain managers and has probably already watched Hibs last 3 games since the final whistle

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

I don't think he'll be happy with a lot of that performance.

After the change to 3 at the back we lost a bit of control. **** me, Unai loves control. He was really going mad at points at 3 and 4 nil up because we were pissing about.

• Like 1

No panic from Unai after last week, just set the tone with his response and then got on with setting the team up against Everton.

We have a great manager who has top level experience around Europe who is willing to give his all for Aston Villa.

Bad results happen in any sport it's how you respond that matters and yesterday was a good response.

You could see Unai wanted more from the players at certain stages of the game that's because he's driving them to improve all the time.

Stick with him Villa fans because he's taking us to places we haven't been to for quite some time.

• Like 4

Â