Unai Emery

PeterSw

On Talk Shite today Jamie O’hare described Spurs as having given the keys to a F1 car to someone that’s just passed his test. 

To continue the analogy, we’ve gone from a guy that crashed during his first driving lesson, to Lewis Hamilton. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m still buzzing from yesterday. What a manager this guy is, and he seems to be an even better bloke. 

I still pinch myself every game seeing him walking out as our manager. I know he likes to allow the players to take all the adulation after a win, but I hope to McGrath he stays out after the Brighton game and the chants of ‘we love you Unai’ are absolutely deafening. 

Edited by av1

What I absolutely love about this guy is how headstrong he is. He wants us to play a certain way and he has us running head first into it, and even if there are setbacks we still persist. See: playing out from the back and the offside trap.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, STO said:

I am genuinely surprised that he hasn't been officially linked with either Tottenham or Chelsea as yet.  He is likely to be better or as good as anything either of them end up with.  I am very pleased he's ours. 

Personally I think part of it is that the London-centric media would need to do a 180 on their ridicule of him at Arsenal and that would take a maturity and moral fibre they simply do not possess.

• Like 1

Saw a couple of Arsenal fans having a meltdown and saying they want Arteta out.

Followed up by responses like " Imagine if we gave Emery all the money we gave Arteta we'd have multiple trophies now "

I'd say i hope we don't become as deluded/unappreciative as fans like that, but I know we've got it in us as well.

That aside, seems there is a section which realise Unai Emery wasn't treated fairly there.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Saw a couple of Arsenal fans having a meltdown and saying they want Arteta out.

Followed up by responses like " Imagine if we gave Emery all the money we gave Arteta we'd have multiple trophies now "

I'd say i hope we don't become as deluded/unappreciative as fans like that, but I know we've got it in us as well.

That aside, seems there is a section which realise Unai Emery wasn't treated fairly there.

They **** up by being impatient with Emery and now they want to rectify that by being impatient again 😂

Arteta's had an excellent season. That squad is nowhere near City's and they've pushed them really hard. The manner might sting a bit but the progress they've shown is beyond what anyone was talking about before the season started. 

• Like 2

On 13/05/2023 at 21:06, av1 said:

Record breaking goal streak, beating UTD for the first time in 27yrs st VP. 10 game’s unbeaten in the PL since the birth of Christ and I’ve lost count of the number of clean sheets. 

Record breaking machine, It’s almost like 30yrs of frustration has all been resolved in 8 months. 

No point waiting, just get the statue built. 

BUT THE XG!!!!!!

• Haha 1

Â