Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bose said:

Brilliant and well deserved. Still think I'm dreaming that he's ours.

He's dreaming that we are his, too.

He has the keys to the castle.

7 hours ago, Mantis said:

Times we've won Manager of the Month:

January 1995 - Little

September 1998 - Gregory

September 2001 - Gregory

April 2007 - O'Neill

November 2007 - O'Neill

December 2008 - O'Neill

April 2010 - O'Neill

December 2020 - Smith

April 2023 - Emery

That ten year gap after 2010 were the worst years of Villa in my lifetime. I really feel for those fans that started in that period. Good times ahead though now thanks to our smooth looking Super Unai. 

• Like 2

Don Unai has made us into the best offside winning (is that correct) team in the World. Every through ball they had today was offside. Except the blatant one they didn’t give for the penalty. 

Amazing manager.

From BBC:

" Take a bow

FT: Aston Villa 2-1 Tottenham

Unai Emery is now averaging 1.96 points per game this season as Aston Villa manager, the third-best rate of any manager to take charge of at least 10 games in the Premier League this term, after Pep Guardiola (2.41) and Mikel Arteta (2.31). "

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/65430059?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=645fb91078b1a04df275cd81%26Take a bow%262023-05-13T16%3A49%3A06.668Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:218003e7-371e-469a-85a7-9f89047d84c8&pinned_post_asset_id=645fb91078b1a04df275cd81&pinned_post_type=share

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Basically, he's had us in fairly comfortable Top 4 form for two thirds of a season now.

Yup, 75 points that would be over a season! ( top 3 )

This is basically with the same squad!

Today being the first time for a while we've basically had a fully fit squad as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I think the general consensus around the media now is that he is a top level coach and is doing an amazing job..

For me they should have been saying this a few months ago..

Which is why he won the Manager of the Month award over Howe and Pep, even though they dominated the fan vote.  r/soccer on Reddit was in tears yesterday...  

• Haha 1

Â