Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the last few decades we’ve had quite a few “what if” moments. What if we got Keane and Juninho when we were flying. What if Gregory was backed when we were top. What if MON got Falcao instead of Heskey when we were pushing for 4th. 

Watching how Newcastle have taken advantage of the struggles of Liverpool/Chelsea etc, I think we’ll probably look back on this season’s decision to give Gerrard so much of it as another missed opportunity. 

Back on topic, just give Emery whatever he wants. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Over the last few decades we’ve had quite a few “what if” moments. What if we got Keane and Juninho when we were flying. What if Gregory was backed when we were top. What if MON got Falcao instead of Heskey when we were pushing for 4th. 

Watching how Newcastle have taken advantage of the struggles of Liverpool/Chelsea etc, I think we’ll probably look back on this season’s decision to give Gerrard so much of it as another missed opportunity. 

Back on topic, just give Emery whatever he wants. 

On the contrary, I think we'll look back on this being one of the few times we've actually made the right decision at such a crossroads. Obviously Gerrard should've been sacked earlier but there are many mediocre managers we could've ended up with instead of Emery.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

On the contrary, I think we'll look back on this being one of the few times we've actually made the right decision at such a crossroads. Obviously Gerrard should've been sacked earlier but there are many mediocre managers we could've ended up with instead of Emery.

Yeah fair point mate. I guess I’ve just got so much belief in Emery that I can’t stop myself wondering where we would be if we’d got him at the start of the season. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Someone contact Pope Francis, we've got ourselves a miracle man.

He’s just different class. Love how he seems an even better bloke aswell. 

So lucky to have them. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Villatalk unaited backing a manager  is great to see 

Its because for the first time in 20 years  we have got a manager at the top of his game with the cv to back it up.

Taylor mk 2 .. respected but limited football

DoL .. half decent football at times but an absolute clearing in the woods

MoN ... master motivator but extremely limited tactically

McLeish..  nothing to be said

Lambert... extremely limited 

Chocolate fire Garde....out of his depth

Sherwood... 

And then was it Di Matteo 

Bruce

Smith 

Gerrard

Unai .. 

The upgrade is immense. Its just lovely to have a manager who meets our ambitions. They dont feel like they are too lofty under Unai and i do not think he would have come if he thought they were unachievable. 

Â