Unai Emery

PeterSw

30 minutes ago, Villarcana said:

Scenes when we dump United out of the Carabao. Bring me silver Unai, SILVEEEEEER

Haha.

Imagine if he brings us silverware already this season

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think fan patience is going to be a big ask.  Let's face it, the general consensus is that our squad is capable of playing better than it is, however they are suffering a lack of individual confidence, team cohesion and chemistry.  I 100% think Emery will improve us and set us up with a plan to attack, defend and all the stuff in the middle.  Where the patience will be tested - is when the players can't make a pass, go hiding, capitulate etc due to the mental side of the game.

That is going to take a long time to address, and we may not always see improvement or a game plan that we can get behind which is where the booing and moaning will start to be heard over common sense.

We couldn't have got a better manager, and the next one won't be as qualified either - so we really need to do everything we can as a fanbase to help turn this around

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

If performances don't pick up by the end of the season we can all agree the problem is the players. 

Of course the performances will pick up, there is no question about it.

Even if players are poor (they are not) they will actually be coached by someone who knows what they are doing so will naturally achieve better results. 

16 minutes ago, Adman said:

I think fan patience is going to be a big ask.  Let's face it, the general consensus is that our squad is capable of playing better than it is, however they are suffering a lack of individual confidence, team cohesion and chemistry.  I 100% think Emery will improve us and set us up with a plan to attack, defend and all the stuff in the middle.  Where the patience will be tested - is when the players can't make a pass, go hiding, capitulate etc due to the mental side of the game.

That is going to take a long time to address, and we may not always see improvement or a game plan that we can get behind which is where the booing and moaning will start to be heard over common sense.

We couldn't have got a better manager, and the next one won't be as qualified either - so we really need to do everything we can as a fanbase to help turn this around

Continuous improvement.

We've 25 games left this season. If Emery can get us 37 points or more from those game, that'll be a huge success. My target for success is 50 points this season or top 10

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I'm guessing we'll find out the whole staffing team tomorrow? 

Yeah, looks like the final cabinet reshuffle of existing staff has just been announced so the new incomings will naturally appear when Emery officially starts tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Adman said:

This. He is as good as we will get at the stage we are at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

He may deliver immediately.

It's not like we have the 15/16 squad.

We saw what is possible against Brentford. I'm expecting it to be a bit hit and miss but there is no reason to think it will be anywhere as bad as it was under The Slippy One. 

Edited by Made In Aston

Just now, Made In Aston said:

We saw what is possible against Brentford. I'm expecting it to be a bit hit and miss but there's is no reason to think it will be anywhere as bad as it was under The Slippy One. 

He will also get the big World Cup break as well.

That isn't spoken about enough. Basically like a pre season considering it's over a month's break :) 

Obviously some players will be unavailable but a lot of the squad will be available.

• Like 1

Â