Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

6 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Both the same risk. Emery is just a bigger name because he's been in the media more.
Football wise I prefer Ruben. The thought of Emery ball puts me off once the honeymoon period of landing a big name manager is over

I think you are getting 'risk' and 'excitement ' mixed up.

He is far and away a less risk appointment!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's in incredible form to be fair.

I'm surprised Howe has decided to let him go.

He means Amorim...

"Sporting Lisbon boss Ruben Amorim is one of the main contenders to succeed Steven Gerrard as Aston Villa manager.

Gerrard was sacked on Thursday after less than a year in charge following a 3-0 defeat by Fulham.

Amorim, 37, has a reported £10m release clause at the Portuguese club and it is understood Villa have held talks with his representatives."

(Link:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63370422)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:
Team From To Record Ref.
P W D L Win %
Lorca Deportiva 21 December 2004 22 June 2006 70 34 16 20 48.6 [72]
Almería 22 June 2006 22 May 2008 84 39 20 25 46.4 [73]
Valencia 22 May 2008 14 May 2012 220 107 58 55 48.6 [74]
Spartak Moscow 14 May 2012 25 November 2012 26 12 4 10 46.2  
Sevilla 14 January 2013 12 June 2016 205 106 43 56 51.7 [75]
Paris Saint-Germain 28 June 2016 14 May 2018 114 87 15 12 76.3  
Arsenal 23 May 2018 29 November 2019 78 43 16 19 55.1 [76]
Villarreal 23 July 2020 Present 129 65 34 30 50.4 [77]
Total 926 493 206 227 53.2

Wow nearly 1000 games and he is only he is early 50's. Lot of experience there in 3 different leagues.

9 minutes ago, daft said:

Who do I contact to have the Internet closed for everyone? It's not healthy for us and it makes me want to die.

It's actually within the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport's power to suspend Internet services (either by ordering Internet service providers to shut down operations or by closing Internet exchange points), so I'm afraid you'd have to contact Michelle Donelan ha ha.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He means Amorim...

"Sporting Lisbon boss Ruben Amorim is one of the main contenders to succeed Steven Gerrard as Aston Villa manager.

Gerrard was sacked on Thursday after less than a year in charge following a 3-0 defeat by Fulham.

Amorim, 37, has a reported £10m release clause at the Portuguese club and it is understood Villa have held talks with his representatives."

That's way more appealing, I read somewhere his buyout was £26m which would be a huge risk.

4 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Emery is pragmatic, and I mean that in the literal sense of the word, not the football sense (defensive minded). That is to say he will play a system that plays to the strengths of the squad and tries to exploit the weaknesses of the opposition. He won’t cede control to the likes of Forest or Fulham. He will however, look to contain, shut up shop and play on the break against the likes of City

Nothing wrong with that.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He means Amorim...

Hope this is true!!!

I'm believing Phil McNulty over Ryans Sister in law, Hairy hands, Tiger woods and Joey from Texas. 

1 minute ago, His Name Is Death said:

It's actually within the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport to suspend Internet services (either by ordering Internet service providers to shut down operations or by closing Internet exchange points), so I'm afraid you'd have to contact Michelle Donelan ha ha.

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Both the same risk. Emery is just a bigger name because he's been in the media more.
Football wise I prefer Ruben. The thought of Emery ball puts me off once the honeymoon period of landing a big name manager is over

I am lost you highlighted some great posts now your singing the opposite tune

Its like you have gone from full meat diet to vegan in 10 minutes 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am lost you highlighted some great posts now your singing the opposite tune

Its like you have gone from full meat diet to vegan in 10 minutes 

Actually, it's more like from full meat diet to eating the **** table cloth in the blink of an eye. 

• Haha 2