Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If it was amorim or emery then I'd agree

But I don't think it will be, I think it will be more amorim or Rodgers, Nuno, Rafa, Parker, Dyche etc etc then I'd rather we took the gamble

Said before I'm not really worried about relegation, this squad is good enough, it's miles away from what happened before, it just needs someone semi competent and some motivation and confidence and that will be enough for now

If Parker is in the question well we are in huge trouble

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Well he had 77% win rate with Braga, who aren’t one of the Big 3. Which is why Sporting paid €10m for him.

I am not against Amorim but was only about 12 games at Braga

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am not against Amorim but was only about 12 games at Braga

I edited to say that. But doesn’t that itself speak how highly he’s rated. That Sporting were willing to pay a club record fee for a manager who been in charge of Braga for 5 months?

For as grizzly as he appears - i bet you Dyche would seriously impress if he got the chance to interview. He’s that man manager we all thought Gerrard could be. 

You are all been sucked in by the tangibles again. The tactics boards, the YouTube videos put together by a spotty teenager. Moyes doesn’t have a style. He has it though, he has that X factor. There’s just something about Dyche. I’d roll the dice. 

Edited by Johnnyp

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

For as grizzly as he appears - i bet you Dyche would seriously impress if he got the chance to interview. He’s that man manager we all thought Gerrard could be. 

Hi Sean, nice that you joined a Villa forum looking for the job.

Maybe message your agent since thats his actual job.

Thanks

Aston Villa

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

We paid that for Ings or Digne, or even Wesley. The manager is way more important than any one player - it makes sense that clubs should pay as much for managers as they do players.

TBF, on wages, SG was one of our highest earners. I agree that we should pay what it takes, but I don't know if Amorim has overcome anything testing, yes it's unbridled success so far but he's very young and nobody can expect him just to win everything forever more, he will have to develop resillience at some point. I don't think, for a world record fee, that he's the finished product. 

Been following this all day. My fear now is that once again we will appoint someone who does not have unanimous fan support. Anything other than a perfect start and the knives will once again be out and we will be back to square one. (Again) I think it’s important to accept that we are no longer seen as a big club in terms of our on field performances and therefore expectations need to be more realistic in the short term. The new manager has to have the time to develop a group of players not just a pre season and a couple of transfer windows. We know ( if we are old enough) Ferguson needed time, Arteta was a mess to begin with and Potter took time to get Brighton organised and performing in the premier league. Are we as a fan base capable of showing that patience ? Which of the prospective managers are capable of achieving what we need I have no idea but we cannot continue to expect greatness just because of our increasingly distant past success.

1 hour ago, gordy said:

Can I join the twitterverse, spam on the manager too?

El National in Spain saying its Poch to sign in the next couple hours:

https://www.elnacional.cat/es/deportes/100-millones-fichajes-10-kilos-ano-descartado-florentino-perez-mauricio-pochettino-aston-villa_904545_102.html

Machine translation of the most relevant parts (the first part discusses how he wants the Real Madrid job and never gets it):

...since last season ended, he has no team, although this may change in the next few hours, since he could return to the Premier League to take command of Aston Villa...Who has tired of waiting seems to be Pochettino, because the same media assures that he is the best positioned to sit in Villa Park. The club would have offered him a contract of about 10 million euros per year for him and about 100 million euros to invest in the winter market, which should allow his team to breathe more peacefully and, at least, not suffer to save him.

I don't know the paper's reputation, and it's hard to parse the words in translation. It says "could" return, so that doesn't sound like they're certain, though who knows what the exact sense is in Spanish.

7 minutes ago, smg said:

Been following this all day. My fear now is that once again we will appoint someone who does not have unanimous fan support. Anything other than a perfect start and the knives will once again be out and we will be back to square one. (Again) I think it’s important to accept that we are no longer seen as a big club in terms of our on field performances and therefore expectations need to be more realistic in the short term. The new manager has to have the time to develop a group of players not just a pre season and a couple of transfer windows. We know ( if we are old enough) Ferguson needed time, Arteta was a mess to begin with and Potter took time to get Brighton organised and performing in the premier league. Are we as a fan base capable of showing that patience ? Which of the prospective managers are capable of achieving what we need I have no idea but we cannot continue to expect greatness just because of our increasingly distant past success.

To be fair, i've been thinking overnight.

ANYONE who came after Deano, would have had a hard task in winning fans over due to heavy sentiment and a feeling of him (One of us) being wronged. On the back of Jack leaving too and a pretty heartbreaking summer overall.

Hence a disconnect, which maybe only wins and time could distract from.

In a roundabout way, I feel SG received | absorbed a large chunk, if not all of that, whilst simultaneously seeing expectations probably lowered.

By default, a new man might get a much easier ride IMO.

Obviously unless we are terrible consistently.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN