Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Thing we need to ask ourselves is, if we got Emery and we were still poor after 12 months. Could we then start blaming the players or would it still be the manager at fault. Ideally what I am saying is, we need a manager who won't be fully to blame this time if we fail.

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

IMO the next Aston Villa manager should be:

Someone who can make us dance:

Reveal hidden contents

ziekenhuisbal-sam.gif

Someone who can make us laugh:

Reveal hidden contents

haha-mourinho.gif

Someone who can make us cry:

Reveal hidden contents

f562488f3ad116e1beec1ac89462a37af8036dd4

Someone who will celebrate with us when we score:

Reveal hidden contents

dance-funny.gif

Someone with passion:

Reveal hidden contents

FlashyMadeupEgret-size_restricted.gif

Someone who is on top of nutrition in the modern game:

Reveal hidden contents

Steve-Bruce-in-kebab-shop-797211

Someone who won't be intimidated:

Reveal hidden contents

neil-warnock-warnock.gif

Someone who can keep a calm head in the heat of action:

Reveal hidden contents

southampton-fc.gif

Someone who understand tactics:

Reveal hidden contents

mick-mccarthy.gif

Someone who will stay with us rain or shine:

Reveal hidden contents

McClaren.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=742

Someone who can deal with the highs:

Reveal hidden contents

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10948-1377642271-16

Someone who can deal with the lows:

Reveal hidden contents

smile-coach.gif

Someone who can sniff out weaknesses in the opposition:

Reveal hidden contents

joachim-loew-joachim.gif

Someone who deals with facts rather than fiction:

Reveal hidden contents

rafa-benitez-fact.gif

Someone who has his eye on the ball:

Reveal hidden contents

10378499725_f6e2025d43_o.gif

Well then if you:

Reveal hidden contents

never-thought-id-get-this-far-plankton.g

It's time for the big reveal of who we should get:

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

It can only be one man who ticks all the boxes (who may or may not ignore some of the criteria above but who cares!). Let's get him:

Reveal hidden contents

emery-unai.gif

Unai Emery you have my vote! (watch him rule himself out now in the next 5 minutes!)

I do appreciate the effort that went into this post 😂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Thing we need to ask ourselves is, if we got Emery and we were still poor after 12 months. Could we then start blaming the players or would it still be the manager at fault. Ideally what I am saying is, we need a manager who won't be fully to blame this time if we fail.

Emery would want Pau Torres 😍 and one or two others. Dani Parejo in a Villa shirt (I know he’s about 400 years old) would look so good.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

One other key point not that its that important is as he speaks Portuguese he will be able to communicate with all our brazilians

Spanish works too.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Gerrard, Garde, Di Matteo, Sherwood and even Smith.  That’s just the last 7 years.

Even if you disagree with some of them they were all up and coming managers at various stages

Absolutely none of them you’ve listed were wanted by top clubs. Amorim is. Massive difference .

32 minutes ago, messi11 said:

🤣I agree there is a risk. Every appointment is a risk. Appointing a older, less motivated, less hungry, richer, caviar eating Pottchino on record wages would be a massive risk too
We've been so scared to take these risks for many years. To be great you have to take risks. 
We didn't take the risk on Potter last time out and its cost us big time. He's now at Chelsea.
We didn't take the risk to sign Julián Álvarez a few windows back. He's now at Man City.

Fans on Rival forums are saying Ruben Amorim can do much better than Aston Villa. Maybe they are right. We dont deserve good things 
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/the-rise-of-ruben-amorim.467364/page-6

I get it… and I’m mostly on board… it’s just going to hit us hard IF it doesn’t work out but could be a masterstroke if it does…

We’d be a laughing stock if we paid a record fee and it failed… we can’t keep losing/wasting money and expecting success/progress, owners will lose interest eventually if that happens. But maybe that’s just negative thinking… can you blame us after SG though?

Wouldn’t it be lovely to have opposition fans envying us on this? So long as we’re getting results and putting in positive performances…

I’m going to make time to listen to this later:

If Neil can’t convince me, no one can 😆

Regardless, my general feeling on this atm is

spacer.png

But do we have to play with 5 defenders on the pitch? 😭

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

Why anyone would want Dyche is beyond me. If he plays the same way he did at Burnley (and to my knowledge he hasnt shown he can play any other way) then there’s gonna be a ceiling for where we’ll finish. How many top tier sides play low block counter attack? I can think of Atletico and that’s it. 

I admire what he did for them, but he isn’t for us and where these owners want to go.

21 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Dyche would be a McLeish-esque disaster here. 

I think NSWE now know better than appointing another manager the fans clearly will not warm to.

Frankly, I’m embarrassed that his name is even being brought up here.

I hope no one at the club reads this forum 🤣

Just now, duke313 said:

Absolutely none of them you’ve listed were wanted by top clubs. Amorim is. Massive difference .

Amorim is wanted by top clubs? Who have enquired for him? 

Garde was very highly rated, called Wengers protege so I have to disagree.

I’m not anti -Amorim but he’s a massive risk on such a small body of work, a high fee and we would be going for him based on mainly potential. We take plenty of risks and I’m not sure we always need to.  Gerrard was only coming to us before going to Liverpool and look how that worked out.  You can understand why I’m concerned.

• Confused 1