Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Dyche took Burnley into Europe and kept them in the PL for 5 seasons with virtually no money. Villa are just outside the relegation zone and haven't been in Europe for about 15 years but apparently Dyche isn't big enough for them. A large cohort have probably spent the day looking at “what tactics does he play “ videos on YouTube about the Sporting guy who up until 9 am this morning , ya hadn’t even heard of him 🙈

There have been numerous PL clubs looking a manager, none have went in for Dyche. Why?

Edited by duke313

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

My worry, is Managers like Poch, with top manager status, may be reluctant to work hard, to transform these players.

Is he hungry enough? ...

Agreed. For me, it's almost already too late for Poch. He's not actively after us, it's clear. Hunger is absolutely not enough, unfortunately, because I don't think many can credibly doubt Gerrard's desire for it all to work out, but that doesn't mean you don't need to have that "fire in the belly" either, and I don't think Poch has it -- at least, not for us.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Dyche took Burnley into Europe and kept them in the PL for 5 seasons with virtually no money. Villa are just outside the relegation zone and haven't been in Europe for about 15 years but apparently Dyche isn't big enough for them. A large cohort have probably spent the day looking at “what tactics does he play “ videos on YouTube about the Sporting guy who up until 9 am this morning , ya hadn’t even heard of him 🙈

You’re right. Most fans have no clue about football because they all play FIFA and watch Match of the Day. Why would any of them know anything about football outside of England?

17 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Why would Amorim turn down Wolverhampton but then join us? There's plenty of fellow countrymen there for him to work with after all.

I doubt Wolves could afford that buyout clause

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

You’re right. Most fans have no clue about football because they all play FIFA and watch Match of the Day. Why would any of them know anything about football outside of England?

I’m just saying. It’s the snobbery. Grinds me. Been pigeon holed that he’s married to a style of football after the guy had the equivalent of a top 10 championship budget in his time there - is very disrespectful. Alex Ferguson never had a style of football but he was a great manager. I think Dyche would be a great fit for us. We’ve had nobody to really, and i mean really, run this circus for years. 

• Like 1

There is no perfect fit......They will all have shortfalls.

but somebody, needs to get some fire in the bellies of this lot.....desire, workrate, and intensity, has gone, there is no urgency or fight.

Thats the first thing to get back.

• Like 3

I want a big statement appointment, one that matches the clubs rhetoric about taking this club back to the big table, anything less and I will know exactly how much faith we should put on the clubs statements. Come on owners, lets stop piddling about, make it happen, it could be Villa!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

It's annoying how much it matters where we are in the table today. Media report about us currently being in a relegation battle and managers obviously listen to that.

With only 2 more points we could have been 13th instead. Midtable and not a word would have been written about relegation battles.

also means that they can easily achieve a miracle, by turning it around.

With +2 points SG would probably still be at the helm.

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

My worry, is Managers like Poch, with top manager status, may be reluctant to work hard, to transform these players.

Is he hungry enough?, or just, interested in moving in on a star studdied side....and just tweaking here and there.

We need someone who is clear, that hard work is ahead......and who can, get hard work from this mottley crew....who think semi pressing and plodding around is ok.

I am dubious, that we are ready, for the real top class, guv'nor......

This new manager, needs to know we are in a relegation fight, if he don't already, and they are going to get us out?

This next one, might not be all that appealing, but practicality comes first.

Its no good, planning for Europe, if we haven't got the nous to stay in the division.

So TRO, that leaves only one person that fits the bill....Big Fat Sam 😊

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

The problem is I HAVE heard of Dyche. And had the unfortunate displeasure of watching his Burnley team stink up the Premier League for 5 goddamn years. Shite but not shite enough to go down, like a cow that's fallen off a cliff onto a ledge breaking it's legs, and is inexorably sliding toward oblivion, but no-one can reach it to put it out of it's misery. Next to that a total unknown is f***ing Pep. 

But you’ll take a bloke from a 3 team league who up until this morning , you’d never heard of. Ahhhhh, our fans 😃

Just now, Johnnyp said:

I’m just saying. It’s the snobbery. Grinds me. Been pigeon holed that he’s married to a style of football after the guy had the equivalent of a top 10 championship budget in his time there - is very disrespectful. Alex Ferguson never had a style of football but he was a great manager. I think Dyche would be a great fit for us. We’ve had nobody to really, and i mean really, run this circus for years. 

I totally see your viewpoint, and I’d love a manager that can be here for years, I just think we have to be able to find someone with a bit more pedigree than Dyche.

Dyche did get Burnley in the top 5, and Ranieri won the league with Leicester, but I’d want neither of them at Villa despite their success.

Emery is the manager I’d love us to sign if we aren’t going to take a huge risk, then you get into the realms of Gallardo and Amorim.

Whoever comes in though has to get the full backing of everyone, otherwise it’s just going to be **** miserable again.