Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He knows Kamara and Sanson well 🤔

And is " keen ". Name matches as well OBS.

"Former Chelsea and Spurs boss 'very interested' in Villa job

Former Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur manager Andre Villas-Boas is reportedly 'very interested' in replacing Steven Gerrard as Aston Villa head coach.

The 45-year-old has gone on to manage Zenit Saint Petersburg, Shanghai SIPG and Marseille since that two-and-a-half-year stint with the two capital clubs. Villas-Boas is currently out of work after being suspended by Marseille following comments in February last year about the club's "sporting policy" which included him offering his resignation.

It came just one day after the January transfer window closed during which Morgan Sanson was sold to Villa and replaced by the loan signing from Celtic of now- Swansea City midfielder Olivier Ntcham, which Villas-Boas took exception to. The Portuguese coach is now apparently keen on a return to the game.

Read more, here "

In fairness, it's nice to have upgraded the speculative media interest. It's usually from Dwight Yorke. At least we have an actual manager doing it now.

I'm waiting for Gabby to try his hand (Kenneeeeeeeth).  

7 hours ago, Eastie said:

11 trophies and great win percentage with clubs like Sevilla and villareal , got arsenal to a European final and finished 5th in his season there so hardly a flop - exactly the right man for a long term project with financial backing  

Awesome, thank you. 

AVB actually would be a good fit for both parties, both us and him need a period of stability and he wasn't a really bad manager in the prem back then from what i recall. The appointment wouldn't be the worst one in the world, I expect a lot of fans would be underwhelmed by it but i think it would be one of those ones who underpromises but overdelivers. Smart appointment if it happened, we could do a lot worse than AVB

Some snippits from and Article in the Athletic regarding Amorim:

Also important to him is the ability to give clear and simple instructions that make sense to his players. Some coaches might overcomplicate the game but Amorim would rather give simple instructions that are fully understood than complex instructions that are half-grasped.

“Ruben is a coach that brings everyone together,” says Meneses. “From the players, administration, staff, everyone ‘buys into’ your idea. This is key to creating a winning mindset. He has a very strong personality but, at the same time, it does not fracture the group. With his strong leadership, he manages to unite and aggregate. He is very smart in human relationships and communication. These are Ruben’s strengths as a coach.”

He already sounds like an upgrade on Gerrard in the man management side of things, nevermind the tactical side.

• Like 1

I always thought AVB was a bit shit. Reminds me of Di Matteo - got a couple of gigs where talented players carried him.

Having never heard of Amorim until a few hours ago, I approve of his touchline fashion vibes, so it's a yes from me.

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

AVB actually would be a good fit for both parties, both us and him need a period of stability and he wasn't a really bad manager in the prem back then from what i recall. The appointment wouldn't be the worst one in the world, I expect a lot of fans would be underwhelmed by it but i think it would be one of those ones who underpromises but overdelivers. Smart appointment if it happened, we could do a lot worse than AVB

Yeah it feels like it would be ‘whelming’

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I think I’d be pleased with AVB?

I like him a lot, but would he potentially clash with Purslow at the club? I'm only saying that because AVB seems like quite a vocal person (I might be wrong on this). I'm sure the reason why it turned out badly for him was because he was pissed at a player being sold and handed in his resignation.