Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

God I hope not.

People really shouldn't let 2 bad months overshadow the years of good work Brendan has done at Leicester. Even won them an fa cup. 

This is such reactionary stuff. 

He is a top manager imo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We are 2 - 3 wins off mid table IMO.

I'm not sure our season is as " gone " as it currently looks.

One good run changes the picture.

Chance we dont win again until 2023.  This team's confidence is shot and the next few fixtures difficult

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Poch isn't a stupid guy. He knows without the right people and structure at a club you can't succeed.

He's probably took one look at our signings the past few years and the people in high positions and thought **** that 

He could use that as a negotiating tactic, ask for total control in transfers as part of any deal.  He won't get that at an 'elite' club.

Edited by duke313

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We are 2 - 3 wins off mid table IMO.

I'm not sure our season is as " gone " as it currently looks.

One good run changes the picture.

Yeah this was always true when used in defence of Gerrard, it was just patently obvious he was never gonna get it out of the team. New guy can get us in an ok place with a decent run.

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

Not surprised by the Tuchel news and similarly I would be stunned if the Poch idea worked out. I appreciate the ambition but I don't see a world where it happens, as much as Villa can throw money at them that really isn't unique, and many other clubs that are or will be interested in such names can offer a lot more than just that.

I'm so jaded with Villa from this year of Gerrard's tenure that I don't really know who I'd like or what's within the scope of realistic though. Has felt like such an enormous set-back, but at least they can't get any worse.

Seeing him transform Chelsea, after Lampard suggeting he'd got the same pipe-dreams of attacking expnsive football as Gerrard, I thought of him straightaway.

The problem is that it has been suggested that he tends to fall out with the players.

But no more excitable than Klopp.

Just now, duke313 said:

He could use that as a negotiating tactic, ask for total control in transfers as part of any deal.  He won't get that at an 'elite' club.

Maybe he doesn't want total control as that's not how things work anymore.

He's a coach. He wants everything in place to allow him to coach.

Just now, nepal_villan said:

Chance we dont win again until 2023.  This team's confidence is shot and the next few fixtures difficult

I think you underestimate how much something simple like selecting the right team/system, and making the right changes at the right time would improve us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Given the stated ambitions we need to upgrade about 95% of the team to get to where we want. 

Nah, defensively we should be sound once players return from injury. Martinez, Cash, Carlos, Mings/Konsa, Digne and Kamara should be easily good enough to for any decent manager to get us on track for top half. The key for any new manager is going to be getting a tune out of the midfield/forwards, which again I think on paper there's enough for our short term aims, though they've shown less than the defensive end under the last two managers, so should probably be more at risk of replacement.

9 minutes ago, KMitch said:

No thanks...  Here's why:

• Only 37 and only has 3 full seasons of top flight management in Portugal
  • Gerrard's team outcoached him in the Europa League in 2020
  • Despite last season's historic performance at Sporting, his team are already massively struggling this season

He isn't ready for the Villa job at this time...  Basically the equivalent of being the Portuguese Gerrard at the point in his career...  Needs several more years of successful management before coming to the Premier League.

Amorim would be repeating the same mistake we made with Gerrard.  No thanks.

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

wasnt there another reporter saying we're willing to make the next guy one of the highest paid managers in the league?

also not saying we will have him in place before brentford but the writing on the wall has been there for a while so id be disappointed if it took us a couple of weeks