Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Cant beleive people are saying Dyche

To be fair - the same ones boo-hooing Dyche are the same ones who’d want skinny jeans wearing, gegenpress 30 something year old Jaissle at RB Salzburg. Appointing a manager in a 1 or 2 team team league - I’ve seen that film before 🤭🙈 Dyche wouldn’t be my first choice but he’s miles more qualified to do so than some of the names you’ll see bandied about in the next few days. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Hasn’t he got many other things wrong?  He got one thing right once and lived off that.

When Bailey was announced as injured last week with a muscle injury, he said he'd be back for the next game and was correct. You wouldn't expect someone to be back so soon after a muscle injury so that stood out to me.

Dyche makes little sense to me at this moment in time. I’d also argue he probably needs us more than we need him at the moment in my opinion. The table doesn’t lie sure but it’s not like we are cut adrift or something. I’m also not sure he is the safe hands people want to make him out to be either. 

All I ask is that the next manager is actually qualified to make decisions that can influence a game. Be it before or during. I don't want another ex footballer who is mates with the board, I want a grown up that can make difficult decisions and organise a team.

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Surely there are some decent " interim " options out there to tithe us over for a bit until first choice available? ( If not available right now )

An old, experienced head, someone like a Bielsa till after world cup ( Not necessarily Bielsa )

Or we could bring back Timmy to fire them up for a few weeks. lol

Big Sam?

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I honestly have no idea who we'll go for. I think the type of managers we want won't come here. Left it way too late. 

Emery was on the verge of taking the Newcastle job last season, a club in a much worse position at the time from top to bottom. This is a much more attractive job 

• Like 1

Just now, Tayls said:

Sort of. You can’t say they got one right when they sacked him last year for poor results. We did well for a period of time with Deano, but we were never overly convincing in our style of play - the Liverpool result was a freak score line.  

Getting it right would be hiring one coach and keeping the same one until such time that they decide to leave on their own accord. I get what you are saying though, the last appointment was a gamble, and it has ended in disaster. 

I am probably one of the few people on here who thinks we should have sacked Smith earlier.  I wanted us to make the change at the end of the previous season when our stock was high, Jack was still at the club and we genuinely looked like the club who might make a break for challenging the top 7 or 8.  But Smith was still a massive success as an appointment.  He took us from a team that played like relegation from the Championship was more likely than promotion - to promotion ahead of schedule and survival against the odds (given how many players we needed to bring in and how little money we were allowed to spend under FFP).  Ultimately he hit his ceiling but he took us a hell of a long way forwards.  That for me is a successful appointment.

• Like 2

Just now, messi11 said:

We want attractive football at Villa Park! Thats the biggest reason why.
We can do a lot better

Attractive football is a layer which goes on top of effective football.

We need effective football first.

A team does not go from shit straight to effective and attractive very often.

• Like 4