Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Gutted if Potter goes to Chelsea, we really should have gone for him after Smith. If Chelsea are talking to him we should have a sneaky chat ourselves!

Hard to imagine Pochetino coming to us, seems like wishful fantasy to me. Rodgers is decent enough to do the next part of our progress but I don't really like him much. Tuchel may be a clearing in the woods but he's a very good coach, would like him here, in 2/3 seasons he could bring us on a lot.

Maybe all this talk is useless as Gerrard will have realised that his 4-3-2-1 is rubbish and no-one understands how to play it. Then he'll start putting out our best XI in a good organised shape and we'll go on a run. 

Maybe not though :D

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Gutted if Potter goes to Chelsea, we really should have gone for him after Smith. If Chelsea are talking to him we should have a sneaky chat ourselves!

Hard to imagine Pochetino coming to us, seems like wishful fantasy to me. Rodgers is decent enough to do the next part of our progress but I don't really like him much. Tuchel may be a clearing in the woods but he's a very good coach, would like him here, in 2/3 seasons he could bring us on a lot.

Maybe all this talk is useless as Gerrard will have realised that his 4-3-2-1 is rubbish and no-one understands how to play it. Then he'll start putting out our best XI in a good organised shape and we'll go on a run. 

Maybe not though :D

What would the sneaky chat be about? Perhaps, wishing him the best of luck with Chelsea or are u suggesting that Purslow tries to sell Villa as a more attractive option to Chelsea, I know Purslow is good but there is a limit to his capabilities 🙂

• Like 1

Interesting watch and take this from Ornstein. Speaks about Gerrard's tenure and prospective Managers etc 

Neville: " Why would Pochettino go to Villa, he'll go to a top 6 club."

Ornstein: " Villas owners are as ambitious as any of those clubs, and I think Pochettino would certainly not discredit them for the right project. "

Carragher * was just filling blanks as you can imagine.

https://www.facebook.com/100000473462841/posts/pfbid0219kH9pqxzcztABYFe5AiK4pQiAdunG69gqZSPGg9LWgbnCYTCsenLd3sTAQTaGQAl/

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Have to laugh at Neville, poch would never come to villa. He’d wait for a top 6/7 job or Newcastle. Ornstein talking some sense 

Lol typical pundit reaction, I’m not just saying this because I’m a fan but we have every chance to appoint Poch provided he doesn’t go for the Chelsea job. Ornstein is quite connected as well so maybe he’s heard some chatter from Poch’s camp about potential interest in us. 

Like many have said Poch will want to reinvent himself and a club like ours would be good for both of us. 

The Premier League now is so huge that so many managers and players will want to come regardless of stature.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Interesting watch and take this from Ornstein. Speaks about Gerrard's tenure and prospective Managers etc 

Neville: " Why would Pochettino go to Villa, he'll go to a top 6 club."

Ornstein: " Villas owners are as ambitious as any of those clubs, and I think Pochettino would certainly not discredit them for the right project. "

Carragher * was just filling blanks as you can imagine.

https://www.facebook.com/100000473462841/posts/pfbid0219kH9pqxzcztABYFe5AiK4pQiAdunG69gqZSPGg9LWgbnCYTCsenLd3sTAQTaGQAl/

The livings so many pundits steal is revolting.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Now Potters gone to Chelsea my Top Choices for the next manager of Aston Villa

1) Kjetil Knutsen
2) Tuchel
3) Poch 

Knutsen would be a massive gamble. What Glimt have done over the past few years is obviously extremely impressive, but their success is also the result of being able to work long term under low expectations, gradually building momentum and having a structure around the head coach that has provided him with exactly the right players for their system. Glimt is also the only top level job Knutsen has ever had, and he’s showed that he’s not necessarily comfortable with criticism and adversity. It’s also worth keeping in mind that the players Glimt have sold to bigger clubs in bigger leagues have almost invariably failed. Glimt’s is a story of collective success that has proved hard to replicate individually. I don’t think I’d take that risk for our next managerial appointment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

The success of Potter's teams have been based on sheer hard work, good man management and attention to tactical detail which he imprints on his players over a lengthy period of time.  The key to Potter's potential success at Chelsea is being given the time to develop and integrate a squad of disparate individuals into a 'bonded team'.

However, I can't see him being given much time to put things right at Chelsea by a new board desperate for quick success, and some of the 'big name' players may be less willing to listen and learn, or bust a gut for him than his Brighton players are.

I don't see him turning down an offer from Chelsea with the lure of Champions League football and a huge financial package, but in my honest opinion Villa would be a much better long term project for him and could become a job for life like Fergie at Man U. I know I'm out of touch with this "instant success" era of Premier League football, lol.

100%, I can see a bit of "show us your medals" going on, as soon as he tells a few of them, how he would like to see them play. I give him 12-18 months, if he doesn't win anything, or at least qualify for the later rounds of the CL this season and finish top 4 next season. To be honest I don't much care, he will still get job offers when he does leave, in view of the work he has already done and I would guess, he will be on a very much higher salary until he does go. I'm hoping that we won't have a vacancy then, because we will have kicked on, with or without SG by then. That is if he gets the job, his may be one of two or three planned interviews. 

• Like 1