Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 minutes ago, macandally said:

Sorry, but the whole post is defeatist.  I get it’s your opinion but I disagree with just about every line in it, these owners haven’t invested what they have to “batten down the hatches” with a pretender 

Oh 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Could be wrong, but it just seems patently obvious that there’s no way in hell Potter or Poch are coming to Villa this autumn.

But it’s kind of sweet and touching that some supporters believe it’s possible, and I’d rather have those supporters who believe it possible than Rodgers. 

So you think your not wrong but for sure you are actually quite condescending. 

Nobody knows if they would come or not, but if the club actually wants to back it’s plan, those doors are the ones we should be knocking on

Thought I was clear in the opening line when I referenced the 2-0 at their place.  They looked bollocks that day and had done for a while. 

You can go ten games without a win and still stay in a job at Brighton. Not at the bigger clubs now. 

And Potter too big for Villa based on this season? (because it's based on little else). Spectacular. 

Maybe if we win the next three Steve Gerrard gets the Inter Milan job. 😏

25 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

A few months back, anyone touting Potter as an upgrade on Gerrard would have been seen as loco - particularly after we beat them comfortably at their place.

He was getting booed by his own fans at various stages last season. 

Football seems all about short termism,  and the dopamine hit of the chasing the next big thing. He might be shit hot, and go on to have a stellar career. More power to him. 

We can do better - and should be thinking bigger - if we make a change in the next few weeks. 

Not true to be fair, pretty sure some of us have been suggesting Potter since Deano days.

I actually watched alot of them during Covid period, and I saw that they were playing brilliant, well drilled football, but a combo of unlucky and lack of finish.

On a relatively lower budget and consistently getting better. As much as people enjoyed when they had blips, they always came back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HolteExile said:

Thought I was clear in the opening line when I referenced the 2-0 at their place.  They looked bollocks that day and had done for a while. 

You can go ten games without a win and still stay in a job at Brighton. Not at the bigger clubs now. 

And Potter too big for Villa based on this season? (because it's based on little else). Spectacular. 

Maybe if we win the next three Steve Gerrard gets the Inter Milan job. 😏

Who cares about a 2-0 win at their place?  A PL season is 38 games. We drew to Man City yesterday are you gonna bring this up if I suggest Pep Guardiola as the new Villa manager that he's not good because we drew 1-1 with them.

10 games without a win? Went through a bad patch and still finished 9th WITH BRIGHTON! How many of them was draws? Brighton are hard to beat. You do know Brighton have a population of 200k people, its a seaside resort. They're not Manchester United. Also where are Brighton now in league? and How many points more do they have then Aston Villa?

Potter is sitting in the top 4 with Brighton, Villa are in the bottom 4.

Gerrard isn't good enough to manager Inter Miami never mind Milan. 

• Like 1

Yes, yes. 

I see the Potter love smeared over various threads. 

I'm sure there was similar for Lambert as well back in 2012 when his unfancied Norwich team finished above us. That when well. 

Unlike that era, we are actually investing in player recruitment at the upper end of the market now. The next choice of manager should reflect that. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

Yes, yes. 

I'm sure there was similar for Lambert as well back in 2012 when his unfancied Norwich team finished above us. That when well. 

Unlike that era, we are actually investing in player recruitment at the upper end of the market now. The next choice of manager should reflect that. 

Potter absolutely reflects that. He’s the managerial equivalent of Kamara. We want one of them, not a Pires or Micah Richards or Glenn Whelan.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 3

What's all this negativity and talking about Potter being our next manager, have people forgot already? We got a draw against Man City yesterday, so must obviously mean Gerrard is better than Potter. Gerrard has obviously now, got the potential for that European place, after that startling draw against the Champions "playing dangerous football" as someone mentioned, how did we ever doubt his ability, shame on us.

So thanks but no thanks, I think we will stick with our man and given time, about the same time it's took Potter to get his team any good (5 years plus), we will aim for the dizzy heights of just below midtable this season, but next season with Gerrard, or the season after, or the season after that, who knows, "relegation maybe", no chance, European football with our main man at the helm. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

Yes, yes. 

You trying to say Bednarek on loan is above Potters station then? 👀

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You trying to say Bednarek on loan is above Potters station then? 👀

🤣🤣

47 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

Yes, yes. 

Come on then give us a few names who's better than Potter who you want to be the new Villa manager? 

Edited by messi11

4 hours ago, AshVilla said:

If Leicester get Pochettino while we sit on our hands doing nothing but believing in "project gerrard" i'll be livid.

Would be totally Villa to see Leicester get Poch while we're taking it "1 game at a time" and giving Gerrard all the time in the world to know for sure if he won't relegate us. Hope this jolts them into action. Managers getting sacked was always going to happen though. Makes me wonder if our board is as proactive as we thought it was.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Would be totally Villa to see Leicester get Poch while we're taking it "1 game at a time" and giving Gerrard all the time in the world to know for sure if he won't relegate us. Hope this jolts them into action. Managers getting sacked was always going to happen though. Makes me wonder if our board is as proactive as we thought it was.

Leicester have no money to spend! No way does Poch go there. Dont worry.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Leicester have no money to spend! No way does Poch go there. Dont worry.

Feel like a job for Dyche, he used to working with little money and wouldn’t cost a lot in wages. 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

No way he goes to Leicester.  He won't go to us either...  He is the first name the elite clubs will call when they need a new manager...  Why would he take a step backward in his career and go for either of the Villa or Leicester jobs?

Leicester are properly fooked right now.  Their board are publicly using the new UEFA FFP rules of <70% of revenue as salary as the reason why they aren't reinvesting any money into the club right now, but no manager worth his salt is going to walk into that mess after seeing how they've left Rogers out to dry with no funds while selling their best young player for a fortune.  Imagine if Villa hadn't spent any of the Grealish money last summer.  We'd be talking about Sean Dyche and Nigel Pearson too...

• Like 1