Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Rodger’s is just a standard Premier league manager. Better than we have, but not as good as what we want.

Potter is ideal, but I can’t see him give an inform Brighton up to join a relegation fight. 

Poch, will never join. He’s in the CL manager territory and wouldn’t want to join relegation fight 

Does everybody think Leicester are of a stature where they would be shoo-ins for multiple 5th place finishes, an FA Cup and a European semifinal or something? If Rodgers joins, he'd actually be our most accomplished manager since O'Leary at least.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Rodger’s is just a standard Premier league manager. Better than we have, but not as good as what we want.

Potter is ideal, but I can’t see him give an inform Brighton up to join a relegation fight. 

Poch, will never join. He’s in the CL manager territory and wouldn’t want to join relegation fight 

We wouldn’t be in a relegation fight with either Poch or Potter, I’m convinced of that.

If Poch is too scared to join Villa, that’s up to him. He’s entitled to his opinion, but I’ll always view him as chicken shit 🤣

Just now, It's Your Round said:

We wouldn’t be in a relegation fight with either Poch or Potter, I’m convinced of that.

If Poch is too scared to join Villa, that’s up to him. He’s entitled to his opinion, but I’ll always view him as chicken shit 🤣

Total chicken shit, he’s never joining us, in this state 

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I'm not sure thinking that you can get a vastly better job is the same as being scared.

People think we're going from Brentford's former manager in the second tier, to Steven Gerrard with 2 years' experience in Scotland, to Poch? While we're in the bottom 3?

I'd love it, but it's about as plausible as me being noshed off by whoever is 2022's version of 2010's Angelina Jolie.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Does everybody think Leicester are of a stature where they would be shoo-ins for multiple 5th place finishes, an FA Cup and a European semifinal or something? If Rodgers joins, he'd actually be our most accomplished manager since O'Leary at least.

Exactly.  If Leicester's board actually spent some money on defenders this summer, they wouldn't be bottom of the table right now.  They still look dangerous going forward at times and create chances, but they can't defend worth a damn.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not sure thinking that you can get a vastly better job is the same as being scared.

People think we're going from Brentford's former manager in the second tier, to Steven Gerrard with 2 years' experience in Scotland, to Poch? While we're in the bottom 3?

I'd love it, but it's about as plausible as me being noshed off by whoever is 2022's version of 2010's Angelina Jolie.

It’s still Angelina Jolie 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ihporsp3r7wc5d2p1r

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I agree with this (Houiller obviously but he was for such a short time). Come to think of it we have rarely had a generally accepted, proven and respected manager for quite some time. Not like a real Tier 1 type of guy. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hughes said:

I agree with this (Houiller obviously but he was for such a short time). Come to think of it we have rarely had a generally accepted, proven and respected manager for quite some time. Not like a real Tier 1 type of guy. 

Forgot about Houllier. Yeah he'd take the cake. Won a cup treble in the PL. Shame it didn't work out. I think we have the squad for a top tier manager to really achieve something with. I think Rodgers could get us at least to where Leicester were, and I don't think our owners will stop investing like Leicesters' did.

Rodgers isn't an inspiring enough choice for me.

We need a manager on the up with tactical nouse and fresh ideas that can also instill a bit of belief in the players.

Rodgers has one of those qualities (tactical nouse) but the guy could do with a holiday i can't see him going from one job directly into another.

33 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Well that's why it would be important to get someone like him in asap, so we're NOT in a relegation fight.

A good manager still has a very good chance to turn this around.

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Forgot about Houllier. Yeah he'd take the cake. Won a cup treble in the PL. Shame it didn't work out. I think we have the squad for a top tier manager to really achieve something with. I think Rodgers could get us at least to where Leicester were, and I don't think our owners will stop investing like Leicesters' did.

I like Rodgers but he is not everyone's favourite cup of tea.... but yeah, much much more pedigree than most Villa managers for the last 25 years. Potter is an exciting prospect and may have a fantastic career as a manager. Not entirely sure though, that we need a prospect now. For me, Poch would be the clear no 1 candidate but no idea whether it would be possible. 

• Like 1

Poch would never come to Villa.  His stock is too high right now.  He's going to be the first name one of the elite European clubs call this season when they need a new manager.  

Marco Rose would be my 1st choice, but I doubt he would even be considered.  I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with Rafa, Rodgers, or Potter as the next manager.  Potter is the obvious choice, but Purslow knows Rafa & Rodgers personally from his time at Liverpool and Chelsea, so he may turn to them as more experienced options to keep us up and drive us forward.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well that's why it would be important to get someone like him in asap, so we're NOT in a relegation fight.

A good manager still has a very good chance to turn this around.

However anyone spins it, Poch is not joining Villa. Not in our current state 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

However anyone spins it, Poch is not joining Villa. Not in our current state 

i dunno, im not saying we would get him, but......

Our squad alone, under the right manager is a mid table team, maybe upper mid table on a good day, we have a net spend of 25/30m over the last 2 years, if we said we guarantee 100/150m spend in the next couple of windows, he might be interested.

I know he is seen as a CL manager, but he took over Spurs when they were average and took them on and developed them, maybe he might be interested in doing the same here.

I dunno, just thinkin out loud.