Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

If gerrard is still in post at leciester game as is rodgers in opposite dug out we need to get a rodgers claret and blue army started.

Think they did that with lambert when he was at norwich and he was manager a few weeks later

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Do you know if thats acfually the compensation? I swear he signed a 3 year deal and been here almost a year already so only be 2 years compo

I found this from last year and its The Sun so obviously wrong but for the lolz here is what they said.

Highest Paid Premier League Managers
(according to The Sun)

1. Pep Guardiola (Manchester City) – £19m
2. Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool) – £16m
3. Antonio Conte (Tottenham) – £15m
4. Brendan Rodgers (Leicester) – £10m
5. Mikel Arteta (Arsenal) – £8.3m
6. Ralf Rangnick (Man United)– £8m
7. Marcelo Bielsa (Leeds) – £8m
8. Thomas Tuchel (Chelsea) – £7m
9. Ralph Hasenhuttl (Southampton) – £6m
10. Frank Lampard (Everton) – £5m
11. David Moyes (West Ham) – £5m
12. Steven Gerrard (Aston Villa) – £5m
13. Roy Hodgson (Watford) – £4.5m
14. Patrick Vieira (Crystal Palace) – £4m
15. Sean Dyche (Burnley) – £3.5m
16. Eddie Howe (Newcastle) – £3m
17. Bruno Lage (Wolves) – £2.5m
18. Graham Potter (Brighton) – £2m
19. Dean Smith (Norwich) – £1.5m
20. Thomas Frank (Brentford) – £1.5m

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I thought it was a 3 year deal and when compo is generally paid I’m sure it’s an agreed figure which is generally a significant portion of the full contract but not the full amount, so I’m guessing it would probably be £5-8m

That definitely sounds more realistic with some of his backroom staff. Thats nothing if it means we get a winner like rodgers in

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I found this from last year and its The Sun so obviously wrong but for the lolz here is what they said.

(according to The Sun)

1. Pep Guardiola (Manchester City) – £19m
2. Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool) – £16m
3. Antonio Conte (Tottenham) – £15m
5. Mikel Arteta (Arsenal) – £8.3m
6. Ralf Rangnick (Man United)– £8m
7. Marcelo Bielsa (Leeds) – £8m
8. Thomas Tuchel (Chelsea) – £7m
9. Ralph Hasenhuttl (Southampton) – £6m
10. Frank Lampard (Everton) – £5m
11. David Moyes (West Ham) – £5m
13. Roy Hodgson (Watford) – £4.5m
14. Patrick Vieira (Crystal Palace) – £4m
15. Sean Dyche (Burnley) – £3.5m
16. Eddie Howe (Newcastle) – £3m
17. Bruno Lage (Wolves) – £2.5m
19. Dean Smith (Norwich) – £1.5m
20. Thomas Frank (Brentford) – £1.5m

Thanks ciggie. So really at worst 10m which isnt that bad if it means you get a winner in and that keeps us up. As gerrards relegating us as it stands which would cost us 10x that amount

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I honestly think Lange would push for someone like Thomas Frank. If people are claiming Potter will just walk out of Brighton when we click our fingers surely same will apply to Frank given Brentford are far more likely to go down from prem eventually.

Would be interesting to see him work outside their system. Sure DS would put in a good reference for him if we ask him for opinion given Frank was his number 2 for 12 months before he took them over.

Might get Konsa and Watkins going again aswell.

No to Thomas Franks, just another Dean Smith. We need a name  someone with proven experience. Rodgers, Poch, Potter, no more YTS managers please!

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Thanks ciggie. So really at worst 10m which isnt that bad if it means you get a winner in and that keeps us up. As gerrards relegating us as it stands which would cost us 10x that amount

Agree. 10M sucks but probably the worst case scenario and a small price to pay to save our season.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is he any good, is he still Managing? Last thing I saw is he was Fiorentina Manager.

Ooft, that was two managers ago.  Sadly, the reality of Prandelli 2.0 was far and away removed from the romantically nourishing notion of Prandelli 2.0.  Club had to turf him out to bring Iachini back in (the manager Prandelli replaced) so he (Iachini) could Italian-Pulisball Fiorentina to safety in the way that only Iachini (and theoretically Pulis) can (does crack me up that the parallels even go as far as the baseball cap wearing).

And anyone throwing Marco Rose up as an option can meet be by the bike shed for a fight after school.  You can **** that two-bit sabotaging piece of shit sky-high.  Rose should be used as the textbook counter-argument for the flawed notion that a manager leaving a club for "better" things automatically assumes the club they're leaving will be in a decent state.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

(according to The Sun)

We should be able to Potter a pay rise he can only dream of. I’m sure we have to pay £10m  or more to get Rodgers. If we pay the same to Potter it isn’t impossible he would accept the offer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Can’t compare the environment Rooney had to work in at Derby to the one Lampard had. Rooney didn’t get players the calibre of Mount and Tomori. He’s more bottle in his little finger than Gerrard and Lampard. They’ve had the silver spoon treatment in management since they started. 

Wasn't actually intending to compare Rooney and Lampard there. Rooney did really well last year - it's clear that he has no ego when it comes to being a manager unlike Lampard and Rooney. Turning down an interview with Everton spoke volumes.

Lampard and Gerrard's egos as managers are founded on being great players. Their perceived entitlement to walk into the jobs they have done and earn the salaries they're currently doing is obscene when good managers that don't have the same profile can't get a look in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Ooft, that was two managers ago.  Sadly, the reality of Prandelli 2.0 was far and away removed from the romantically nourishing notion of Prandelli 2.0.  Club had to turf him out to bring Iachini back in (the manager Prandelli replaced) so he (Iachini) could Italian-Pulisball Fiorentina to safety in the way that only Iachini (and theoretically Pulis) can (does crack me up that the parallels even go as far as the baseball cap wearing).

And anyone throwing Marco Rose up as an option can meet be by the bike shed for a fight after school.  You can **** that two-bit sabotaging piece of shit sky-high.  Rose should be used as the textbook counter-argument for the flawed notion that a manager leaving a club for "better" things automatically assumes the club they're leaving will be in a decent state.

I remember this or another similar incident in Italy, didnt the owner have a full unveiling ceremony for a new manager and "surprise" it was the old one they still had on gardening leave under contract or something? Glad it worked!!

But ff Purslow unveils Lambert I will riot. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer