Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

On 21/08/2022 at 09:50, tomav84 said:

i'm positive that purslow called gerrard when deano was manager to ask the question about whether he'd be interested. gerrard said he was, so deano was sacked. had gerrard said no, i'm sure deano would've stayed

the same approach needs to happen here...the question has to be asked of poch. if he's in any way interested, then the deal needs to be done

This , although smith would have been gone anyway but no doubt gerrard was lined up and you’d expect the club to always have an idea who they would want beforehand  should they need to ever make a change 

Edited by Eastie

3 minutes ago, catanzaro said:

I’m a bit drunk and emotional…. but I think any other premier league manager would be better than what have..

I think if rated the managers Gerrard and Lampard would easily be in the bottom 2

Managing on name recognition, Parker tactically destroyed Gerrard its actually embarrassing

Just now, Zatman said:

I think if rated the managers Gerrard and Lampard would easily be in the bottom 2

Managing on name recognition, Parker tactically destroyed Gerrard its actually embarrassing

Yeah I forgot about the other over promoted manager in the league..

21 minutes ago, robby b said:

This is a good point, Poch would probably get the South American players happy and positive again, re-ignite enthusiasm in them, and in doing so contribute to improving the vibes in the squad

He would do this really weird thing of finding a way for them to play together

• Like 1

I don’t want much really, just someone who can coach - someone who likes working with players to make them better. Potter would be my number 1 choice, but whether we could convince him to move only a few games into the season is questionable. 

We need pochettino perfect time to get him he’s currently unemployed wants to come back to the prem and the top 6 ain’t sacking there managers anytime soon, he could easily get us to where we want to be and playing some decent football again

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thejoker said:

I don’t want much really, just someone who can coach - someone who likes working with players to make them better. Potter would be my number 1 choice, but whether we could convince him to move only a few games into the season is questionable. 

Potter would be a dream but he would never leave Brighton now.

Poch could take the job as a stop-gap if he’s feeling bored, but would be highly likely to leave as soon as a bigger club calls.

Rodgers will most likely be available in a few weeks and would probably take the job, although it looks like he most of all could use a year or two doing something else or just rest.

There are also plenty of managers in the big european leagues, but I’m not sure Purslow would like some bearded german.

28 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I wouldn’t be against Dean Smith getting another crack at the whip, not saying I would choose it, but I wouldn’t be against it. 

No thanks, there are other options out there. Villa haven’t had a really good manager in a long time but they do exist.

Whoever that may be, the order of business should be.

- Make Mings and/or Emi Captain again.

- Drop McGinn ( He needs a break and to get his game together ), by far the weakest link.

- Switch to 4 - 3 - 3 or 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 for the love of god we have the tools.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN