Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I will take it, him and Conte could be great on the touchline

He rarely stays anywhere for more than a season, it might start off well but would end in disaster and we'd be back to square one.

16 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He's a lunatic.

He tends to do a good job at majority of clubs he manages though. Got Marseille up to second for most of last season and I really enjoyed watching Sevilla under him in 16/17. Chile played some great stuff under him aswell so Argentina is really only obvious failure where he lost his mind with selection for six months.

Given the high number of South Americans in our present squad it would be the right time to appoint someone like him and see what happens.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He rarely stays anywhere for more than a season, it might start off well but would end in disaster and we'd be back to square one.

I didnt know he had moved on already just saw that Tudor replaced him at Marseille,  he did well at Verona last season and was interested in him last season so be interested how he gets going

3 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Based on what? Because 38 points from 30 games suggests it's not likely to me.

less points than Burnley in the Premier League in 2022 and played 3 games fewer

Mentioned before but Ivan Juric is an interesting manager, he is still young but plays intense football which he learned under the Atalanta manager. He did a good job at Crotone, Verona and Torino on fairly limited budgets and has had 3 top ten Serie A finishes in a row

though Lange might be worried

• Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

If we can spaff £20m+ on players we don’t need, then surely we could pay the required compo for a top manager. It’s kind of an important role…

But dear friend Pochettino or Sampaoli won’t require any compo atm. Marco Rose seems to be a name mentioned too (I don’t know much about him though)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

less points than Burnley in the Premier League in 2022 and played 3 games fewer

I mean what does this stat even prove?  Southampton also have less points in 2022 than Burnley, and a few posts ago you were suggesting we hire Hassnehutl.

• Haha 1

Just now, duke313 said:

I mean what does this stat even prove?  Southampton also have less points in 2022 than Burnley, and a few posts ago you were suggesting we hire Hassnehutl.

It means we are shit, when we have superior squads to both teams

I’m surprised based on his tenure to date that anybody is still defending Gerrard, it’s baffling.  Sure, hope for the future and things turn around but defending what’s been on the pitch is laughable.

• Like 4

Just had a look at Leicester and West Ham fixtures, they both have tough runs, I can see both Rodgers and Moyes getting sacked before Gerrard.  These two looking a manager will decrease the likelihood we get someone like Pochettino or Potter.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Just had a look at Leicester and West Ham fixtures, they both have tough runs, I can see both Rodgers and Moyes getting sacked before Gerrard.  These two looking a manager will decrease the likelihood we get someone like Pochettino or Potter.

Bith West Ham and Leicester have got us in their next few games so that should buy them some time. 

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

Bith West Ham and Leicester have got us in their next few games so that should buy them some time. 

West Ham beating us won't be enough, might delay it for a week but they play Spurs, Chelsea and Newcastle after us.  

15 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Well then we can get Rodgers or Moyes.   Both tactically better than Gerrard.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I see some Liverpool fans are turning on Klopp.  If they get rid then hopefully Slippy G brings his PowerPoint A game to the Liverpool interview (round Henry's House of course!). 

And we get called fickle!

Jesus! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, calcifer said:

And we get called fickle!

Jesus! 

Liverpool fans are a whole new level of hypocrisy. Just look at how they treated Karius after his blunder, he was abused all over. “You’ll never walk alone” is the biggest load of rubbish ever. 

Even our very own Stevie G had death threats when he was linked with a move to Chelsea. They’re just like small heath but successful if you ask me. 

Edited by It's Your Round
sha don’t deserve capital letters
  • Like 1