Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

38 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Gérard wasn't "welcomed" by fans because he was a name, it's because he offered a different approach to a manager (who I loved), but had clearly lost his way.

When was he not welcomed? 

At Villa Park? After his first few games that were all wins?

What is the approach he offered that differs from Smith (who was correctly dismissed)? Being shit?

38 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

If you wanted Poch or Potter would you be guilty of wanting a big name?

Less of an issue as they are capable managers.

Gerrard is not and wasn't when he was appointed. He'd had some time at one of the better teams in Scotland and eventually won one title when the other side blew up.

If we hired Pocc, it wouldn't be here's a big name. It would be here's a top manager.

I don't think we will be interested in a manager like Frank or Potter, it will be someone who knows how to ball with Brazillian and French internationals. Pochettino the obvious choice.

How on earth had Potter got that team playing so well. Surely there's only a ceiling at Brighton that they can reach, however I can't see him wanting to come to Villa and start at the bottom. He should be going to a team like Tottenham or Arsenal maybe

There is only a handful of capable managers outside the top six we may be able to get in the premier league and a few of them aren't exactly exciting......

May as well try a foreign manager.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think we will be interested in a manager like Frank or Potter, it will be someone who knows how to ball with Brazillian and French internationals. Pochettino the obvious choice.

I’m sure Potter’s ideas about football are compatible with brazilian and french internationals, but you may be right about the interest from the club. Purslow would probably prefer someone a bit more glamorous.

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I’m sure Potter’s ideas about football are compatible with brazilian and french internationals, but you may be right about the interest from the club. Purslow would probably prefer someone a bit more glamorous.

Chelsea Football Club Women - Emma Hayes wins her third Barclays FA Women's  Super League Manager of the Month award of the season! Congratulations,  boss! 👏 | Facebook

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We’ll probably go for someone like Poch, not get him and end up with Sean Dyche.

As underwhelming as that would be, Dyche would be head and shoulders above Gerrard tactically.

I would genuinely take Dyche on a similar deal to Howe at Newcastle to the end of the season right now if Pochettino is a no-go.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Welcome Mr Rodgers. Although not sure I'd want him here, seems to have lost his mojo, an you always only get a couple of good seasons out of him.

Has the money train dried up at Leicester since their owner died?  Not really keeping tabs on their transfers.

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Welcome Mr Rodgers. Although not sure I'd want him here, seems to have lost his mojo, an you always only get a couple of good seasons out of him.

If the choice was sack Gerrard tomorrow and give the job to Rodgers I’d be all over that. Would get us organised and playing good football.

4 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Has the money train dried up at Leicester since their owner died?  Not really keeping tabs on their transfers.

Not sure, but there are some happy Leicester fans hoping it's true he'll go. 😅

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

If the choice was sack Gerrard tomorrow and give the job to Rodgers I’d be all over that. Would get us organised and playing good football.

Is that why he's allegedly getting sacked?