Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, bose said:

Go on and support someone else. At least try to support Aston Villa.

What?

Wind your neck in. I don’t support Aston Villa if I want the manager to succeed? Which ultimately means Villa do well.

Pillock.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, jim said:

What?

Wind your neck in. I don’t support Aston Villa if I want the manager to succeed? Which ultimately means Villa do well.

Pillock.

We all want the manager to succeed, but it’s clearly not working. You want to see how things go still? Support the club not the manager 

4 minutes ago, bose said:

We all want the manager to succeed, but it’s clearly not working. You want to see how things go still? Support the club not the manager 

Erm… I am supporting the club by wanting the manager to succeed. He succeeds, we succeed it’s not difficult to comprehend.

Wanting him to fail isn’t supporting the club. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Sadly Rúben Amorim is out of our league at present 

He turned down PSG. Not sure if that means he is aiming higher or looking for “right” job or just don’t want to move. He is one of those very promising managers that have done well in their local league, but not tested in one of the major leagues. I think he would be worth the gamble, if we could convince him to come here.

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Shame the last guy didn't get this treatment after achieving everything asked of him and more the previous 3 seasons. 

I think we'd be in a much stronger position had we done this and then assessed the situation in the summer. 

Purslow's fault 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Potter. It’s a no brainer for me. 

Poch won’t come here. That’s just fanciful thinking. 

If we can get Potter, I think we’ll at least play with a system that doesn’t completely nullify our own midfield. 

The one bit of ITK I have is at Brighton and my sense is that they'd fight tooth and nail to keep Potter, but that there's also a sense of inevitability that they'll lose him to a bigger club (or England) at some point.

Just now, Mantis said:

The one bit of ITK I have is at Brighton and my sense is that they'd fight tooth and nail to keep Potter, but that there's also a sense of inevitability that they'll lose him to a bigger club (or England) at some point.

Yeah, I think he’ll bide his time them move to a bigger one.

and he could be utter shite there tbf.

I think Potter would play a system where we try to control the game, play nice football. Make it tight in the middle. Potter Ball would be a dream.
Being Moises Caicedo with him

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Brighton lost Dan Ashworth to Newcastle who was a massive part of their success. 
Losing Bisoumma and Cucuerella must of hurt too. 

I think Potter might come now

Just now, messi11 said:

Brighton lost Dan Ashworth to Newcastle who was a massive part of their success. 
Losing Bisoumma and Cucuerella must of hurt too. 

I think Potter might come now

Brighton are a very well run club. The board love Potter but they will have contingencies in place. I think the question would be whether Potter would actually want to join us.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jim said:

Erm… I am supporting the club by wanting the manager to succeed. He succeeds, we succeed it’s not difficult to comprehend.

Must....resist.....using.....the.....search......function.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, jim said:

But he's obviously clueless. How can you think any different?

Just now, Tom13 said:

But he's obviously clueless. How can you think any different?

Blind faith, dazzled by his hair and I like the cut of his jib.

As long as he’s here I’m behind him and hope it all clicks. If the higher ups deem him not good enough and cut him loose then fair enough I was wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jim said:

As long as he’s here I’m behind him and hope it all clicks. If the higher ups deem him not good enough and cut him loose then fair enough I was wrong. 

Even though if it's different to my view, I can't argue with that.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jim said:

It’s more that he is very clearly failing already and we’d rather he just moved on so we can enjoy supporting Villa again. It’s been painful for a while now.

Nobody wanted him to fail when he joined.

26 minutes ago, jim said:

Genuine question. Why are you like this with Gerrard but not the last guy?

Just now, DCJonah said:

Genuine question. Why are you like this with Gerrard but not the last guy?

I don’t like him. For reasons that are my own.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1