January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

19 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Whilst I get the mantra of waiting for the right player at the right price, I think you have to consider the position the squad is in. I really struggle to see how a bad injury to Watkins doesn't completely derail the rest of our season. 

He's a converted winger striker that has scored 2 of the 12 league goals under Emery. 7 goals scored by Luiz Buendia Bailey Ramsey Digne

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

There is absolutely no doubt we have the money. The difference from past regimes is there is no panic to spend it. If the right deals are not available now

then we can bide our time until they are. Istill think there will be incomings tomorrowv but if the prices are too high in January and will be cheaper in the

summer then so be it. Unai is shaping his squad and we should let him do it

I hope it’s just him being picky, but there could also be an element of Emery finding it difficult to sign players so far. There were reports of him trying to recruit a new sporting director.

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

I hope it’s just him being picky, but there could also be an element of Emery finding it difficult to sign players so far. There were reports of him trying to recruit a new sporting director.

Is he good in the air, and scores goals.

Honestly, my only real concern is if Emery was promised funds and they haven't materialized. But I doubt that's the case. I just think the club is struggling to attract players. I'm not entirely comfortable with all the exits and so few arrivals, that's a  recipe for disaster. But we should be confident in the club. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

There is absolutely no doubt we have the money. The difference from past regimes is there is no panic to spend it. If the right deals are not available now

then we can bide our time until they are. I still think there will be incomings tomorrow but if the prices are too high in January and will be cheaper in the

summer then so be it. Unai is shaping his squad and we should let him do it

I wanna see prove no words. We will see in the Summer.

6 minutes ago, Rolta said:

This isn't how it works, and you know that really.

Its working for Chelsea, Arsenal, Leeds, Southampton, Bournemouth and Nottingham Forrest

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Honestly, my only real concern is if Emery was promised funds and they haven't materialized. But I doubt that's the case. I just think the club is struggling to attract players. I'm not entirely comfortable with all the exits and so few arrivals, that's a  recipe for disaster. But we should be confident in the club. 

we have one of the best coaches in Europe.....is that conceivable?