January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Jonathan David being linked or brought up again.

”itks” throwing names out there to see what sticks but you never know.

Love it when we announce surprise signings that no one has really got the inside track on, whether or not they try to claim credit for it afterwards…

33 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Links to Victor Nelsson once again 🙄 Can’t be arsed to post that nonsense…

Why is his name always associated with us?

Lange plus he may be a great player - don’t know too much about him 

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Lange plus he may be a great player - don’t know too much about him 

Been at Galatasaray a while, 25m valuation apparently. Doesn’t make much sense but who knows? Every window his name crops up.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Been at Galatasaray a while, 25m valuation apparently. Doesn’t make much sense but who knows? Every window his name crops up.

Lazy journalism as he was at Copenhagen with Lange I guess … I’ve convinced myself we will sign Pau Torres on the summer and we have Feeney, Bogarde, Swinkels in reserve so no doubt just bs clickbait 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

"Looks like were not signing anybody else?"
"Why?"
"Because err... I  guess there's nothing happening right now/"
"Really, what makes you say that?"
"Because nobody is talking about it right now."
"OK and how would they know?"
"I don't know but they probably would."
"But we're notoriously quiet about our business until its done."
"Yeah but... I feel the need to declare the business to be done a week before the window closes, even though I have no idea if it is or not."
"OK., why? Don't you think the club know we're light and will be working on it? Hasnt the manager practically said we're after certain types of players? Striker, winger etc?"
"Yeah but... I cant see that right now...."

Are we? Isn't that exaggerated a bit? 

The only signings I can remember hearing nothing about beforehand, are Ings and Chambers.  Everyone else we knew about.

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Osorio would be such an exciting signing. Let’s bring more young South American starlets in!

Great episode of For the love of paul McGrath podcast where he talks about him

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Are we? Isn't that exaggerated a bit? 

The only signings I can remember hearing nothing about beforehand, are Ings and Chambers.  Everyone else we knew about.

I don’t recall that much fan fare about Diego 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I don’t recall that much fan fare about Diego 

Okay, Carlos is maybe another one.  But can't think of many more.  It's made out that all our transfer are done with the utmost secrecy, when it's only really a few.

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Or Duran.

I remember reading we were interested in Duran during the World Cup, so either November or December.

Just now, duke313 said:

Okay, Carlos is maybe another one.  But can't think of many more.  It's made out that all our transfer are done with the utmost secrecy, when it's only really a few.

I remember reading we were interested in Duran during the World Cup, so either November or December.

Don’t forget Jack’s clubbing buddy Ross Barkley on loan. That was super random. Thankfully we’ve moved on from that. 

As it's really quiet on the transfer front at this moment in time, I've been thinking about the impact Coutinho has / doesn't have on transfers at the moment? As in the fact that he can't get a start under Unai. Does that work in our favour or not? I remember Gerrard stating that every potential signing he spoke to asked him if Couts was staying or not? As though it was a key factor in signing the likes of Kamara etc. So with him not able to get in the side does that highlight us as a bigger club than expected in some players eyes? Does it hinder us in some way or is it simply a non issue? 

• Like 1