January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

32 minutes ago, burchy said:

Talk of us using a player in the Guendouzi deal, could it be Digne to help get his 160k off the books?

That would be brilliant.

We'll be paying him a portion of that until the end of that ridiculous contract though.

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

Be nice to have a couple of youngsters in the mix who can be given some game time, appreciate Kaden Young is there already. Most teams have at least one youngster getting some game time, we have erm.... Jacob Ramsey who though young is a senior pro now. Not sure who else is ready, then again no one ever is until they play and look the part, our loans are mostly awful.

Yep, I would much rather a smaller squad with young players getting minutes when we have to play them

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

Be nice to have a couple of youngsters in the mix who can be given some game time, appreciate Kaden Young is there already. Most teams have at least one youngster getting some game time, we have erm.... Jacob Ramsey who though young is a senior pro now. Not sure who else is ready, then again no one ever is until they play and look the part, our loans are mostly awful.

Do they though?

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Out of interest, who plays in the centre then?  I mean, Rice and Bellingham are nailed on - but who is the third in, say, 2 years time?

Mount for example even Ward Prowse 

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Mount for example even Ward Prowse 

Mount playing central midfield rather than as a 10?  I'm not convinced.

If Ramsey's competition is Ward-Prowse then he absolutely has a chance.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Bring back Tim from loan. 

Tim > Dendoncker

I’m not a fan of Leander, saunters around and is so clunky and casual. Although he’s probably more of an asset than Marv, he must be moved on.

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I still think as it stand right now we only have to sign a striker.

Agreed, we've a lot of midfielders. Buendia, Coutinho, Luiz, Kamara, Dendoncker, McGinn, Ramsey. We can also play Moreno / Cash / Young in midfield too. This is assuming Naka / Sanson leave.

In the back 4 we've 2 players per position once Carlos is fit. Dendoncker / Kamara also played many top flight games at CB if needed. 

Up front we've just 3 players. Watkins, Duran and Bailey. So we need one more as you say to fill the gap there. We can also play Beundia / Coutinho behind a Striker if needed (as we've done a few times now). 

For 18 remaining games that's plenty big squad to cover that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Agreed, we've a lot of midfielders. Buendia, Coutinho, Luiz, Kamara, Dendoncker, McGinn, Ramsey. We can also play Moreno / Cash / Young in midfield too. This is assuming Naka / Sanson leave.

In the back 4 we've 2 players per position once Carlos is fit. Dendoncker / Kamara also played many top flight games at CB if needed. 

Up front we've just 3 players. Watkins, Duran and Bailey. So we need one more as you say to fill the gap there. We can also play Beundia / Coutinho behind a Striker if needed (as we've done a few times now). 

For 18 remaining games that's plenty big squad to cover that. 

Exactly what I think 100%

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

You’re a fan of James’ aren’t ya? Friend of the family? Something’s going on.. 🤣😉 

🤣

He's just an above average midfielder with good leadership qualities and excellent set pieces 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think they want silly money for him don't they? I've heard good things though. 

There is a ceiling to transfer fees in the championship. You don't usually see them being sold for more then 30m. Considering he is a high potential 19 year old then I don't think 30m would be silly money. Granted the player may have to down tools to get Watford to sell though. 

Guendouzi/CF type player/wide pacey dribbler

If we can get those three in, then I think that's the window. Desperately need someone other than Bailey that can take on a man. Crux of a lot of our final third problems if we're not in transition.

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

There is a ceiling to transfer fees in the championship. You don't usually see them being sold for more then 30m. Considering he is a high potential 19 year old then I don't think 30m would be silly money. Granted the player may have to down tools to get Watford to sell though. 

there isn't many in the championship worth spending 15m plus on at the moment to be honest.

I like the kid at coventry that plays up front.